Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for "The Laughing Tape"...

Options
  • 27-02-2008 2:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭

Long shot here, but bear with me - about 20 yrs ago (yeah, yeah, yeah - a long time ago, but damn it, I've tried so many other places... ) I had the fortune to listen to what I only remember as The Laughing Tape - it featured a guy laughing, starting off real slow and slowly building up to a crescendo of a tear-inducing, side-splitting howl-athon that left anyone listening to it in a state of hysterics and tears...

anyone know of anything even resembling this? I remember coming across it around the same time as all those Spitting Image Ian Paisley/Jerry Adams tapes that did the rounds but I don't think the two were actually connected.

any thoughts/connections welcome...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭workaccount

Can't say I've heard of it but I will make you one for €150 plus the cost of a tape (€9.56 - subject to inflation).

PM me here and I'll send you my account details immediately.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

redtom wrote: »
    I had the fortune to listen to what I only remember as The Laughing Tape
    The Laughing Policeman? ... there are several versions of it.

Only one I can think of off-hand, but I'm sure others have done it ...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

You mean the point of the laughter was to inspire others to laugh at the laughter? They didnt even tell a joke? Man that's funny. Funny if you're David McSavage and at the very start of the tape someone says the C word in an asian accent.

People are sheep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭redtom

Nahh, it wasn't the Laughing Poilceman, I remember that - this was just a recording of some guy laughing, nothing else - and it was funny as hell

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Roben

Cant mail u, hope you see this response.

Wonder if you found it yet, cause my dad said my grandpa used to play it at parties all the time (im almost sure its the tape you mean), and im trying to get it back for him.
    oh plz mail ur respons to je-doet-maar@hotmail.com cause i never check my profile here, just made the account to send this message.

Thanks man!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

How long does the man laughing last for? And also, from about what year?

Here's a short one .. I defy anyone to watch this and keep a straight face :)

Advertisement