Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season Predictions

Options
  • 27-02-2008 12:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭

So what do people reckon will happen this year??

World Series: Red Sox (have to be biased here!!!!!)

AL
    Champs: Red Sox
    East: Red Sox
    Central: Tigers
    West: Angels (though Mariners will push them hard)
    Wild Card: Indians (Yankees bullpen will leave them struggling)

NL
    Champs: Diamondbacks (if the rotation stays healthy)
    East: Mets
    Central: Cubs
    West: Diamondbacks
    Wild Card: Phillies

There is always a surprise package in there and i guess it'll be in the NL with maybe the Brewers in the Central or Torre's Dodgers in the West..

Sorry Jays fans, while i think they could stay in the race till sept it may still be a year too soon from playoffs (although rotation has outstanding potential, if AJ can finally stay healthy!!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,253 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Just to be different I'll say the Tigers, or possibly the Injuns for the WS.

Everything else looks ok, but it's almost too easy....

P.S. my original 'Power Rankings' are here.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭WATPOAE

I don't know why but for some reason, I am going to cut to the chase and say that I foresee a World Series match up of (wait for it) Tigers v Cubs.

So there. Feel free to ridicule me come the end of May if the Cubs are 10+ games out of first in the NL Central!

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Kinda32

WATPOAE wrote: »
    I don't know why but for some reason, I am going to cut to the chase and say that I foresee a World Series match up of (wait for it) Tigers v Cubs.

So there. Feel free to ridicule me come the end of May if the Cubs are 10+ games out of first in the NL Central!

They have a chance alright. Fukudome's lefty bat will be important as there are alot of righties in the cubs order. NL will be very open and any of 5 or 6 teams have legit shots to make it to the World Series..

p.s And for the romantics of the game, it be great to see the Cubs win a world series on the 100 anniversary of their last one.. (personally wouldn't mind them getting to WS but hopefully they get beaten by the BoSox!!!! If Boston dont get there, then go CUBS!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

ok i am biased but the cubs began to gel toward the end of the season and i think this time around they may have it to go all the way.

get a good start and i expect to see a cubs red sox final - my dream final!
    this SHOULD have happened in 2003!!!

Advertisement