Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hat backwards.

Options
  • 26-02-2008 1:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭

Why has it never really been done in Ireland? On the odd occassion when I salvage the courage, I would put the hat backways, but the looks off some people.....it there something taboo about it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

Why has it never really been done in Ireland? On the odd occassion when I salvage the courage, I would put the hat backways, but the looks off some people.....it there something taboo about it?

Could be just you? Never understood why people actually give a fcuk. Do it if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

it there something taboo about it?

Yes: it looks ridiculous. Even more ridiculous is the peak-sticking-sideways look.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭tk123

!? Its your hat - wear it the way you want and forget the rest?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

do what you want! Okay you run the risk of looking like a American guy over studying for a semester, but it's your head, your hat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Susannahmia

It looks silly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

do what you want! Okay you run the risk of looking like a American guy over studying for a semester, but it's your head, your hat.

dammit, you beat me to saying that.
    American guys can get away with it but someone from ballina can't carry off the same look.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Too true. Lets hope he doesnt start wearing white sports socks and uber white K Swiss trainers to compliment his three quarter length denim 'pants'.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

and the ubiquitous The North Face fleece

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

it makes anyone look like they are about 6 and about to go to the zoo in the summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

It's not done anymore because it's a prehistoric trend tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

I'll put it backwards if I have to run somewhere and don't want the wind catching under the brim and blowing it off, other than that I'll normally wear it forwards, but it never struck me that some people saw protocol when wearing a hat. I mean it's a fashion accessory, wear it whatever way you want to

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Look out for the wiggers, they all wear their hats backwards and their jeans 20 sizes to big.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

Backward hats suit you, wear it everyday.

!

Advertisement