Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Find Me Spot Spot Inc Satellite Tracker

Options
  • 26-02-2008 12:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭

just got my latest gadget the spot satellite tracker and PLB..

works a treat and has links to google maps too....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭uRbaN

just out of curiosity was it expensive to buy the hardware and are there ongoings costs monthly/annually?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭what_car

uRbaN wrote: »
    just out of curiosity was it expensive to buy the hardware and are there ongoings costs monthly/annually?

$99 USD per annum, unlimited usage.
    great device.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,434 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Interesting, but why do you feel the need for it, if I may ask?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭what_car

Alun wrote: »
    Interesting, but why do you feel the need for it, if I may ask?

it is a great unit, at the press of a button i can send a msg to friends and family letting them know exactly where i am ( via google maps) and that all is ok.

if i need assistance from family, at the press of another button it sends a help message to friends family again with a link to google maps indicating where i am ( eg situation car broke down country road, mobile phone battery flat, or no credit ) or

if its a real emergency at the press of the 911 button a distress message is sent and the GEOS operations centre contact my primary emergency contacts, and also local search and rescue, gardai/ police / etc are notified

also they (GEOS) initiate a private search as per www.geosalliance.com/sar
    if required.

its handy if out sailing, hillwalking, outdoor activities etc etc

very handy and the service fee is billed in dollars!! so its good deal

Advertisement