Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE or Sky1

Options
  • 25-02-2008 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭

I take it the show that's being aired tonight on Sky One is the one which will be aired tomorrow on RTE 1?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Correct but its being shown on RTE2 not 1

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Cheers. And you know what I meant.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭standbyme

I dont understand RTE or maybe you're not meant to like:

Why couldnt they not put the Last ep of PB3 on after the Ch. Lge game last Tue like they done with LOST after the Oscars tonite, as they would have had the upper hand on Sky like when they showed the series before them.:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Logic don't figure in RTÉs thinking. They had ample opportunity to get the jump on Sky but they lost their chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Bond-007 wrote: »
    Logic don't figure in RTÉs thinking. They had ample opportunity to get the jump on Sky but they lost their chance.

Yup, and therefore lost viewers who would have watched it tonight on RTE2 (well actually tape it).

RTÉ did win in my logic books though by haveing a weekly League of Ireland show on a Monday at 8pm.

They win some and lose some.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

standbyme wrote: »
    I dont understand RTE or maybe you're not meant to like:

Why couldnt they not put the Last ep of PB3 on after the Ch. Lge game last Tue like they done with LOST after the Oscars tonite, as they would have had the upper hand on Sky like when they showed the series before them.:confused:

Because RTE aren't capable of scheduling anything properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

yeah that was abit stupid alright. I just when an downloaded it then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Polar Ice

Sky have probably bought the rights to air the show first in Ireland (and the UK).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

RTÉ were showing it before Sky all the way up to the last episode. They wouldn't have first showing rights for one episode surely.

Advertisement