Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bearded Dragon Info

Options
  • 25-02-2008 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭

Hi all,

Does anyone here have a Bearded Dragon. I'm thinking of getting one... I've read alot of stuff on the web regards keeping and feeding them. It's alot of the same information again and again... Just curious on a few points:

How many times a day do you have to feed them?
    How much a day/per feeding do they eat (insects/veg)?
    What kind of insect can they eat? Any commonly available in Ireland?
    Ae they it expensive to keep them?

Any help would be appreciated...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I have 4 beardies - they get fed bugs one day & salad the next - my 4 get a pot of crickets at a time - you can get brown & black crickets, locusts, meal worms & wax worms - crickets would be the staple diet the rest are treats - never feed too many wax worms as they are very fatty.

Any diet suitable for an iguana is perfect for a beardie - check out Melisa Kaplans site www.anapsid.org

a single beardie will cost you around €20 a week - more for 2 + etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Lauragoesmad

Bond-007 wrote: »
    A single beardie will cost you around €20 a week - more for 2 + etc.

Thats a lot!! Considering a dog would cost you around eleven euros a week to feed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Crickets are between €4-5 depending on where you buy them from - so a couple of those plus salads etc it all adds up!

I spend around €40 a week on veg to feed my iguanas, beardies, skinks, tortoise.

Advertisement