Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Flying to Perth - Connecting in Dubai

• 25-02-2008 5:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭

Just wondering how it will work with duty free. Can we pick stuff up in Dublin and bring it through? Or should we wait till we get to Dubai? As far as I know there's a transfer lounge in Dubai. Does that mean we don't have to go out and come back in (from a security point of view) and that we can keep our DF (e.g. spirits, etc.) on the flight to Perth?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 188 ✭✭mariannewims

Hey there,
    I'm afraid I never transferred through Dubai-any time I was passing through I stayed a few days.
    If I were you I'd consider waiting until I got to Dubai for Dutyfree though-it's DIRT cheap. There's a lovely waiting area in Dubai airport over by Dunkin Donuts too, if you have a while to wait-reclining chairs, very nice :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭jum4

You can buy as much as you like in Duty Free whilst connecting. Might be carry on weight limits with your airline.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭sillysocks

I was in Dubai last summer and we bought duty free there, then had a connecting flight to Dublin in Paris but were not allowed to bring the duty free through in Paris, even though we hadn't left the "secure" side in Paris (like we hadn't had to go back out to the checkin desks or anything). The only option we were given was to go out to check in desks and check the liquids in as baggage, or else they'd just confiscate it. Weren't happy!
    So to be on the safe side I'd say wait until you're in Dubai.

Advertisement