Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

teaser

Options
  • 25-02-2008 4:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

i seen this on another website but theres no answer for it. can someone help me?!

"What enters the field of play in a football match at half-time, but doesn't leave until the match is over? If it's a Saturday match it leaves after the game, but if it's a mid-week game it remains until the next day... and it only happens in the English Premiership, not in Scotland or the lower divisions..."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭kensutz

Much debated answer and I've seen this heaps of times

The refs

• Registered Users Posts: 5,401 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

bineye wrote: »
    but if it's a mid-week game it remains until the next day... ."
    kensutz wrote: »
    The refs
    How?

The officials are paid to stay for the night in a local hotel for midweek games whereas in the lower leagues they don't get paid to stay overnight. It's a trick question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭smellyanus

kensutz wrote: »
    The officials are paid to stay for the night in a local hotel for midweek games whereas in the lower leagues they don't get paid to stay overnight. It's a trick question.

So how does that explain entering the field at half time?

They step "back on" the pitch at half time.

• Advertisement
Advertisement