Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Desmond & Penny

Options
  • 25-02-2008 8:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭

Am i alone in feeling disappointed that the Desmond & Penny angle has been under-explored since the major cliffhanger in Season 2? I'm a bit of a wuss and was actually quite moved by the Penny-Desmond storyline on a few levels, i think it's probably the worst example of a major storyline being introduced then swept under the carpet.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

One to contend with Libby's re-appearance in the asylum maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭loon

the backstory coincidences?

the meaningless numbers?

the 'des went back in time when the swan exploded, but we never find out what happened to locke and eko... and by rights they too should have gone back in time and now have flashes' question?

the plane was brought down by accident reveal?

etc, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

I am a sucker for the desmond and penny storyline too but it's delayed gratificiation. When they do eventually meet up again it will be really great

• Registered Users Posts: 45,558 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Desmond's been shockingly underutilized. So has Sayid since Season 1. Same with Jin. He was cool in Season 2 and then they just let him become scenery.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

4 toed statue anyone?

• Advertisement

How about adam and eve in the caves. They will be explained though I read!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,340 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Desmond's been shockingly underutilized.

+1. He was great in his 5 episodes in the hatch in season2, but since they got him out of the hatch and made him a regular they seem to have no idea what to do with him. Last years visions of seeing Charlie dying was fairly pointless stuff, amongst the worst subplots of season3.

+1. He was great in his 5 episodes in the hatch in season2, but since they got him out of the hatch and made him a regular they seem to have no idea what to do with him. Last years visions of seeing Charlie dying was fairly pointless stuff, amongst the worst subplots of season3.

I completely disagree. I thought it was an really excellent subplot. Flashes before your eyes is of 1 my favourite ever episodes of lost even if I still don't fully know what went on in it. It also made me sort of like Charlie in the end which is quite the achievement as I really disliked Charlie
    But I do agree that Desmond has been underused this season, hopefully this should change when ever we see what happened to the helicopter.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Nah it was pointless. A power like that should have massive implications on the story but it was just something to keep Des, Charlie and Claire busy for a season. Was disappointed with that because I like Des and it really felt like he was going to be an important figure after he survived the hatch exploding.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Everyone here should like next week's episode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Macspower

writers ob reading boards and changed to weeks ep to please.... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

This story will never be dealt with :D

Advertisement