Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What did you watch during the writers strike?

Options
  • 25-02-2008 1:27am
    Moderators Posts: 12,371 ✭✭✭✭

Pre strike I watched Greys Anatomy, Family guy, American dad, ever week it came out in the states. My housemates watched Heros, Prison Break, Friday night lights all from the states air dates also.

With the writers strike im wondering what people watching instead? I discovered House MD. Im hooked, watched season 1 and 2 in about a month. Also went back watching some old classics, Black Adder, Men behaving badly.

So, my question, what have you been watching while the strikes been on and you've had no new episodes of your weekly shows?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I just watched the reruns

• Registered Users Posts: 29 -simon-

watched Jericho and Chuck. Enjoyed em both!!

• Moderators Posts: 12,371 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

-simon- wrote: »
    watched Jericho and Chuck. Enjoyed em both!!

Did you just start watching them from season 1 or was it more of a jump on board mid series?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 -simon-

started watching at episode 1 and watched them both in about a week each. thought Chuck was really funny in a silly sort of way!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Watched House from start to finish, the last series of 24. Some Sopranos. That's about it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

mythbusters

american chopper :/

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Got closer to catching up with a load of backlogged shows (e.g. Boston Legal, Mad Men, etc). It was actually a great opportunity.

We'll only have about a one month off or so from our shows now that the strike' over though, so my time for catchup is running out. Maybe a nice SAG strike will give me more time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,483 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Life on Mars Season 1 and 2
    30 Rock (second half of Season 1, and Season 2 to date)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Skinfull

I went outside...into the fresh air...it was like that episode from the simpsons when all the kids went out again...cept it was cold...and I was on my own :(
    Thank god the strike is over!

• Moderators Posts: 12,371 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Skinfull wrote: »
    I went outside...into the fresh air...it was like that episode from the simpsons when all the kids went out again...cept it was cold...and I was on my own :(
    Thank god the strike is over!
    Best answer so far!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Watched jericho, the wire and enterprise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Still catching up on the West Wing; started the Sopranos, Rescue Me, Jericho s01, CSI s02.

Now it's just Lost I keep up with.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Qs

I watched Dexter cos I'd never seen it as well as some films and old Seinfelds on DVD

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Hrududu

I watched Battlestar Galactica and The Wire, neither of which I had watched before. Best TV I've watched in ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

While the strike was on, I watched Terminator: The Sarah Conor Chronicles, loving it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

I watched two episodes of Pushing Daisies and am sad to say that I will never get that 90 minutes back. Woeful.

But of course we have Lost to keep us going for a few more weeks, and there were 2 episodes each of House and Brothers & Sisters in the last fortnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I made a list when the strike happened; started watching Jericho, The Unit, Dexter, BSG and The Wire.

But I just got hooked on Jericho so didn't watch a whole lot else, but I'm liking Dexter and The Unit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Caught up on The Wire. What a program.

Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

I also got a chance to start watching The Wire. Up to date with the States now. Brilliant show. Also 30 Rock, How I Met Your Mother and Terminator : Sarah Connor Chronicles which are surprisingly good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

All 6 seasons of The Shield, Season 1 of Mad Men and 3 seasons of Veronica Mars is what I've been working my way through for the past few months. Currently half way through S2 of VeronicaM. I still have both seasons of 'Big Love' unwatched, so that'll be up next.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

Nothing.

There is nothing decent on tv anymore in Ireland. And downloading tv online is just too much effort.

Advertisement