Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Listening to German

Options
  • 24-02-2008 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33,165 ✭✭✭✭

Guten Tag...!

Will procede in English in the interestests in understanding!

I'm learning German (planning on spending a few months in Germany in the summer) but I need to start listening to it a bit more - does anyone know where, on the internet you can download simple podcasts in German? Have Euronews Deutsche, but most of it goes waaay over my head.

Thanks in advance,
    P.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

Have a look in this thread. Should be enough to keep you going for a while.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Zumpel

Try accessing the n24 site via a proxy service like
    http://www.freeproxyserver.ca/
    (had a quick go, seemed to work allright)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭Von Manstein

Do you have Sky Digital? If so check out Deutsche Welle (DW TV). It's Germanys version of the BBC. It's in the international section of the channel guide. Last time I checked it out, it was either channel 821 or 801.

It's damm good for learning German, as it's scheduled so that there's an hour in English and then the next hour is in German and so on.

Or you could just get German TV installed? Head over to the satalite section of boards to find out more...

Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,165 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Not sure if my broadband is strong enough to stream tv (will give it a go thoguh)and the news is wee bit too advanced for me at the moment (although I usually have it on in thacbackground). Did find some good podcasts, though. I don't want to go down the line of satellite installation when I'm heading off soon.

Thanks for all your help!

P.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Advertisement