Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pashminas

Options
  • 24-02-2008 8:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭

does anyone know where i can get some real pashminas'? ones actually made out of 70% pashmina/30% silk blend? not the ones that are synthetic fabrics like viscose?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭beaushalloe

check out the buying clothes/accessories online sticky, from what i can remember someones girlfriend had a pashmina store.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Electric

I think she has a shop in Cow's Lane Temple Bar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

Tie Rack stock real pashminas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭aliqueenb

Miss Fluff wrote: »

cool, but where are any tie racks?

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Electric

There's one on Grafton Street

• Advertisement

oh right cool thanks!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭becah

Marks & Spencers has them sometimes, usually in their Limited Collection range, also try Costello & Costello on Clarendon St or Dundrum in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭snowey07

i buy from www.mypashmina.co.uk

certified real and they are beautiful

oh yeah i have heard of this website but wanted an irish place cos tbh the euro-sterling difference is too big, but wooo i euro equals $1.51...time for some more online shopping lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭allabouteve

Miss Fluff wrote: »

I collect pashminas from all over the world, and the Tie Rack ones are lambswool, not cashmere. Most of mine have been bought by lucky globetrotting friends, but I've also bought some good ones myself on Ebay. If you buy a very cheap one, however, it is probably viscose, try putting a lit match to the edge of one of the fringes, and if it melts instead of burns, its viscose.

Incidently 100 percent cashmere single ply pashminas are light, soft and very warm. Cashmere/silk mix ones are smooth, soft, but not quite as beautiful imo. Try Ebay, but remember, not too cheap!

• Advertisement

does anyone know any american websites that sell ones though, apart from ebay like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭allabouteve

aliqueenb wrote: »
    does anyone know any american websites that sell ones though, apart from ebay like?

Try pashminaboutique.com.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭hot fuss

Long shot but if you know anyone going to New York they are selling them on the street - 3 for $10. I came back with about 8 and they're all gorgeous! Canal Street is laden with them..

Advertisement