Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General recovery time for wisdom tooth removal.

Options
  • 24-02-2008 5:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

I have been informed by my dentist that all my wisdom teeth need to be taken out by a dental surgeon. The two bottom ones aren't up at all as they are growing in sideways, the two top ones are out a bit but they are way too big to fit in my mouth.:(

This is my final year so I am worried about taking time out of college. Generally how long does it take for one to be back to normal? Will I be in a lot of pain afterwards?

I am considering waiting until the semester is over but during my last exams my jaw seized up with an infection because of the wisdom teeth and I was feeling very sick, Would the risk of that happening again be better than just biting the bullet and getting them done asap?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭sedohre

I've just been looking on line about how long it takes to heal after an extraction. I read that the hole should cover over in about 2wks and it should be fully healed in 6wks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Susannahmia

sedohre wrote: »
    I've just been looking on line about how long it takes to heal after an extraction. I read that the hole should cover over in about 2wks and it should be fully healed in 6wks

Thanks Sedohre:)

Advertisement