Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to spice up my birds' cage?

Options
  • 24-02-2008 10:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Was in a pet shop yesterday and saw a huuuuge bird cage, and even though it ws huge the bars were set close together, i.e. it was suitable for small birds. I find it is hard to get a large cage with narrow bars, it was €175 but I said feck it. It is about 4 feet long and 3.5 feet wide.
    It is for my budgie and cockatiel.

I have their perches, food/water, toys in but is there anything else I can put in now that they have so much space?

I was thinking of buying them a puppy KONG and filling it with something. Bird seed is too small and wouldn't work, is there anything else I could throw in? I was thinking dandelions but they wilt so fast. Has anyone got a recipe for some sort of paste I could make (like the paste you can buy for dogs) that the birds would enjoy licking out of a kong? Something that is healthy and they will love? They love millet spray but it's very sweet and is only meant as a treat.

Comments

Advertisement