Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your favourite Reeling In The Years moments.

Options
  • 24-02-2008 1:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭

Now i know there has been many many threads about this amazing program but I don't think this has been done before, post your favourite RITYs clips. To get it started, thanks to DaveMcG for posting this one in another thread.

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=_4xPRYnExAw

(How do you impregnate the vids into the thread so that people don't have to click the link??)

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Italia '90. :)

I wish I could get my hands on more of these. :/ 1988 had the trouble at that IRA funeral with Michael Stone, Martin Cahill appearing on the telly and Jack bringing us through Euro 88. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Irish people seemed to have much more confidence back then. Look at Croke Park, the games are silent, people are afraid to chant.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

My favourite clips is not available. I don't think it is anyway. It's of my grandad talking about some serious subject with his mad hair waving all over the place. Oh how we mock him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Ruu wrote: »

Without doubt this is the best RITY clip. It's so good that it has actually transended the show itself and become the definitive video summary of Wc90. So much so that people occasionally say to me "have you seen that great Wc90 clip on youtube" and after a brief description from them I can inform them that it was lifted from RITY.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

slipss wrote: »
    4xPRYnExAw[/youtube]

[youtube]_4xPRYnExAw[/youtube]

then you get

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Tip for slipss: Don't try linking youtube videos at 5am? :)
    I've removed the failed attempts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭GA361

Even though I condemn them and all that,reeling in the years had alot of coverage on the IRA.I think that they were the best moments.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Dessiemc27

Without doubt my Top moment is a tongue and cheek remark regarding Irelands game against Northern Ireland in 1993. it goes like this. Jimmy quinns goal is accompanied by a subtitle reading "Billy (Billy Bingham) and his 'Boys' look set for victory".

"But Ireland does not surrender" Shows Alan McLoughlins Goal.

Brilliant TV

Advertisement