Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MAC makeup help

Options
  • 23-02-2008 6:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hey guys

Going on a mac splurge! Been so long since i bought MAC I'm just wondering how much the pigments are in BT (just so i don't go overboard n stay to a budget!!!!)

Thanx
    B.A.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Electric

Check out www.strawberrynet.com

I bought some pigment off there just last week. Not too sure how much pigment is in BT but strawberry net is way cheaper than shops for skin care and cosmetics. And they have free shipping too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 DangleDevil

Think they are around 25 euro... they last forever though, so they are good value!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭blondeambition

ThanksElectric buy strawberrynet didnt have the colours i want. Thanx anyway :)
    Electric wrote: »
    Check out www.strawberrynet.com

I bought some pigment off there just last week. Not too sure how much pigment is in BT but strawberry net is way cheaper than shops for skin care and cosmetics. And they have free shipping too!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Can I interrupt and ask what this pigment stuff is? I like mac, I use their studio fix, and their concealer, but find the counters daunting and often only ever get a chance to go in when I'm looking bedraggled and never have the confidence to say, Whats that etc..is it like primer? Don't really know what that is either but..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭fuzzywiggle

Can I interrupt and ask what this pigment stuff is? I like mac, I use their studio fix, and their concealer, but find the counters daunting and often only ever get a chance to go in when I'm looking bedraggled and never have the confidence to say, Whats that etc..is it like primer? Don't really know what that is either but..

My friend won't talk to the girls who work in mac because she finds them intimidating but it's their job to tell you about their products and they're always more than happy to help you..especially when it's not busy.

''Pigment is a highly concentrated loose colour powder''
    its mainly used as eyeshadow but can be used in other ways i.e on lips(only some pigments are lip safe, not all), in nail varnishes, highlight cheeks etc.etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Think they are around 25 euro... they last forever though, so they are good value!!!

I bought one three years ago and it still looks like I've hardly used it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

thanks fizzywiggle..yeah, usually my friends and i go in togther, rallying support and what not! terrible eh?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

What is it about MAC staff anyway, they always look you up and down and make you feel like you're not worthy to be in the store, tsk!

you can get pigment cheap on ebay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭fuzzywiggle

Pythia wrote: »
    I bought one three years ago and it still looks like I've hardly used it.

wow you mustn't use it much. They last long but 3 years?!

I have 4 that i've bought over the last year - year and a half and the most gone is probably a little more than a quater

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

you can get pigment cheap on ebay

Most of the pigment on ebay is fake. I think that Strawberry.net has a horrible selection of stuff, only 4 or 5 pigments out of about 50 available.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭lubie76

jenizzle wrote: »
    Most of the pigment on ebay is fake. I think that Strawberry.net has a horrible selection of stuff, only 4 or 5 pigments out of about 50 available.

I'm sorry but I don't agree with that. I have bought Mac from a number of reliable ebay sellers and found them to be same quality as the ones I have bought in store. If they have a good rep from other buyers I think you're safe enough. People don't leave good feedback unless they are happy with the quality of the product. The sellers make money by buying large jars and decanting them into smaller ones. I think its a really good way of trying colors cheaply without commiting to the large jar.

A huge amount of pigment is fake on Ebay. Stay away. Lots of fake Mac in general. Most of the people who sell it have great feedback too, I don't know how.
    I would stay well away from Ebay, especially if the names are funny or there are numbers instead of names.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I've my pigments longer than Pythia. I really only need the tiniest amount.

And not going into Brown Thomas or feeling in need of "support" because the sales assistants are snooty? My god, that would give me even more incentive to go in and annoy them!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

I always think the MAC girls are lovely! Although that may be because I spend about €300 in one go and all they see is the commission lol

Have you ever tried Barry M eye shadows? they're like the MAC pigments but a lot cheaper, same quality and last ages too. You get all the mad colours too. I adore mac but i have to say I prefer those.

misslt wrote: »
    Have you ever tried Barry M eye shadows? they're like the MAC pigments but a lot cheaper, same quality and last ages too. You get all the mad colours too. I adore mac but i have to say I prefer those.

Where do you get them?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

barry M is the business tbh. its available in superdrug in the uk and online at asos.com
    seriously its brill and im very fussy about eyeshadow. its very vivid colours but theres some subtle ones too

Pythia wrote: »
    Where do you get them?
    I got them on asos.com I have about nine different colours and they are really great and like the mac pigments they always look like they are hardly used

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

you can buy Barry M stuff in Boots - they definitely have it in Jervis St., Blanch, Liffey Valley. Its awesome stuff to get you started. Also have a look at the Collection 2000 stuff too, also in Boots.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭giddybootz

barry m stff is really good and lasts a long time too. the only reason i kida dislike themac girls is because thet are usualy made up like trannys at a halloween party!! that or marge simpson hit them with her make up gun!! ha ha its kinda funn though...my boyfriend is terified of them!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭blondeambition

What a debate i've started !!!!! Just wanted to know the price of pigment hehe :D

Advertisement