Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

spiritual Circle

Options
  • 22-02-2008 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭

Evening all,

I'm thinking about starting a spiritual circle again & I'm wondering what the level of interest from the forum regulars would be

I've been involved in a circle with other users here previously & I have to say it was a very good experience for me

so if you live in the Dublin area would you be interested..........

obviously lots of details to be ironed out, this is a preliminary request

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭Shamanic

you can count me as a very interested party

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

I was actually only discussing this the other day and have a possibly great venue.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

I would be interested but am a bit outside dublin so would depend on day and time etc.

What would it involve?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Excellent idea LB, I know you'd mentioned it to me before and the location you had in mind was ideal, very central and close to transport links (train, luas etc).

Helena, ideally it would be a group of like minded people coming together to talk and share ideas and learn from each other. People might share meditations, psychical or healing techniques or anything related. And ideally (IMHO) people would bring their own directions to the group as opposed to the group bringing direction to the people. I know that's not very specific :). What I'm trying to say I think is that the group itself would decide what it's going to do and what's involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Mr Kite

Sounds interesting, where is it at or am I too late ?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 130 ✭✭Armada

it does sound very interesting. I am in Limerick though, bit of a haul away... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭poster

Hi Guys
    I run a circle monthly and I have a second location I can run a circle from, trying to get the circle going weekly, pm me for more details.

We would start with a meditation and then get into things like rescue work, getting messages for each other, calling in our loved ones who have passed and sitting with them, what I describe as aura reading and shape shifting when we ask spirit to come into our physical body and you can see the change in a persons face and features

I currently have 15 in the monthly circle so I want to start a new circle or go weekly as the monthly group wish to stay monthly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 457 ✭✭hiorta

May I sincerely ask that this is discussed and considered by those attending?

When you open yourself to development you will develop ALL aspects of yourself and not only those you might wish to.

If you are a Spiritual person, you will enlarge this.
    If you are selfish, this too will magnify.
    If you are dishonestly inclined - and dishonesty has a multitude of guises, you will deepen this trait.

Etc.

Please consider taking an initial, honest, fearless inventory of yourself and seriously set about improving on what you see.

If a group are not fully wholesome about what they are trying to achieve in this field, then the group must collapse, probably in acrimony.

Aim for the Highest in everyday life and all will be well.

Please remember - you will develop the wanted and unwanted traits equally, it cannot be otherwise..

Good luck and be patient.

Well said Hiorta, and absolutly true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭karynp

yes,agreed completly Hiorta,ive recently left a cirlce id been attending on a weekly basis for about 6 months,i left due to the dictatorship of the person running it,they just didnt want anyone elses opinion,hated when we done any better than they with messages ect. It actually became a horrible place to be,they more or less tried to diminish anything that was getting better for me and another girl. However,i grew immensly from the experience so thanked spirit in the end for the path they gave me,i am stronger from it. I would love another circle to attend.
    What Hiorta has stated is so true,ive seen this happen for myself and also dealt with parts of me id rather not have,it is a long journey of growth but i have every faith as to how worth it it all is in the end.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 indigoangel

i would be interested perhaps, i've been looking for a mediation circle but couldnt really find one that i thought i'd fit in to. im kinda of shy, but want to make friends in this area as i have none in my life who are interested in the same kinds of things! and sometimes you need someone who knows what you're talking about, no matter how close you are to lovers or family!

i would be interested perhaps, i've been looking for a mediation circle but couldnt really find one that i thought i'd fit in to. im kinda of shy, but want to make friends in this area as i have none in my life who are interested in the same kinds of things! and sometimes you need someone who knows what you're talking about, no matter how close you are to lovers or family!

Yes ,it is hard to find like minded folk,however spirituality is growing rapidly and becoming much more accepted.
    I find the hard part is finding people who you can trust NOT to be so full of ego that they literally shove there opinions down your neck or believe everything they say to be the right way.The sad part is that this happens to a lot of people,they become impatient on their path and armed with a little knowledge they believe themselves to be the next saviour or the likes. They dont delve deep enough into themselves to actually form a solid opinion which would allow them to help others benifit from their experiences.And theres also the people who only want the limelight,nothing more.
    Spirituality is for yourself,for your self to become whole,to address all the good and bad parts of you and improve what you can ect....
    I have noticed quite a number of people falling flat on there faces now and being exposed for the cons they are.Im finding myself getting annoyed a lot for peoples falesness and what they supposodly represent....i must be getting old,LOL
    Right,my rant has ended.
    So back to the point,I myself am willing to meet and discuss,develope with others who are interested,for the greater good of us all.
    It would be fab to have an actual building like they do in the UK and start a spiritual association and move Ireland forward a bit more.
    I ask my guides a lot about this and am in firm belief things are changing,we are being prepared for the next stage,some people fall off the block,others climb higher.

where was the class karyn u left

poster wrote: »
    where was the class karyn u left

Id rather not say as it was my personal opinion of the person running it and would be unfair of me to give anything out that may go against this person. Ive come to understand half of the reason for leaving this was that i could no longer tolerate things,however,i grew so much from it all and left at the right time for me. It taught me a lot,mainly that as a medium i vow never to be like that as it goes all wrong then.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭__plec__

hey,excuse my ignorance but how does a spiritual circle work?what exactly is it?is it a religious thing or just about getting in touch with you're 'true' self.

after fighting years of depression etc, ive finally discovered meditation and finding out who i am as a person, so something like this,or at least my impression of what it is, sounds interesting to me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 457 ✭✭hiorta

_plec_, I have hesitated in replying, hoping someone else might come forward.

You present a complex situation, indeed.

If you are naturally psychic, perhaps the Law of Attraction might possibly explain some of your depression. If not, could I suggest that you try to find out and deal with the cause of the depression? (You probably have been trying to for years)

It is far better to deal with the cause(s) of your depression, if known, long before going near a development circle - Like will attract Like - which would do you no favours at all.

Meditation is an excellent practise, especially if done daily.

As to the 'circle' itself, a persons spiritual growth can only be enhanced by the Life led, by the thoughts and actions of the individual, ebbing and flowing as they must.

The circle is a means of focusing the larger groups' collective energies for the circle's purposes, be it general or for specific individuals. Sitting in circle will not make an individual 'spiritual', that is their own task, but it can hone psychic abilities - among other things.

There are 'open circles' - a dip-your-toe-in-the-water experience, which might be useful for you. These generally take place towards the end of a service when collective residual energy is available.

A religious approach is not necessary, but it is usual and advisable to ask for the guidance of the Highest at the start, giving sincere thanks at the close of proceedings, on every occasion.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Aisling&M

Hi there,
    Plec, I just wanted to let you know that I suffered depression for a number of years and it was intertwined with my psychic development.
    When I joined a spiritual circle/group (I've been in a couple) I was able to hone in on my abilities and also release the hold depression had on me.
    Before I got into developing myself I also got some counselling/healing which I think really helped and prepared me energetically and emotionally for the work ahead.
    If you join a circle or group I'd suggest going to one with a very knowledgeable leader who you can tell in advance about your situation and who you can trust to guide you should they think it is or is not for you.
    Really, I recommend knowing your own limits and if you do join a group, go in with an open and positive, respectful and loving mind and if you feel uncomfortable or 'not right' leave and know you can return when the time is right for you.

Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭__plec__

hey,thanks very much for the explainations.

the depression i spoke about no longer bothers me, got alot of help as far as positive thinking etc goes and ive found it works wonders, the mind is the most powerful thing we'll ever have,and how one uses it will determine what life they lead,well thats my belief anyway.

as i said im just very interested in how the mind works, and find meditation to be fantastic for me, sets me up for the day,so was just curious if a spiritual circle was maybe an extension of that.

thanks for the comments,seems like really sound advice,really appreciate it, i think il do some more research before i attempt to join a spiritual circle, but its good to know they exist

thank you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭MysticalSoul

I would be interested in finding out more info on a possible spiritual circle too. I have been watching meetups online for the past few years, but no one seems willing to take the risk to set one up, so to speak. So hopefully this will be more fruitful. Is it going to be an open or closed group, as in can new members join at any time etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Sandy2004

Hi Folks,

The last development circle set up here was brill.

If anyone is setting up another - please let me know as would be very interested..

best wishes

Sandra

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I would be interested in finding out more info on a possible spiritual circle too. I have been watching meetups online for the past few years, but no one seems willing to take the risk to set one up, so to speak. So hopefully this will be more fruitful. Is it going to be an open or closed group, as in can new members join at any time etc.

I don't think it is the risk, it is more the monthly fee for doing so on that site that puts people off.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Possibly a combination of both, I'd be interested in trying a spiritual circle but would be nervous.

Advertisement