Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New TV Suggestions for Xbox

Options
  • 22-02-2008 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭

After much procrastination I decided to buy an Xbox 360 today as a treat for all my hard days in work. I arrived home and gleefully ripped open the packaging and immediately set to assembling the console. Thankfully it was idiot proof, and after about a minute I had it up and running. Controller in hand I was all set. However, to my crushing disappointment the TV (Sanyo CE21MT4-R) wouldn't display the Xbox screen. Though I can't be sure, I think this is because the TV refreshes at 50 Hz, whereas the Xbox requires 60Hz.

Could anyone suggest something suitable around the 200 mark that isn't absolute cack. A 21" is fine and I don't mind if it's a cathode ray tube TV as opposed to flat screen.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

After gettin a 360 you really should pay a little extra for a hd-ready tv.For about 270euro in argos you can get a 19" hd ready lcd.This would make the 360's graphics look beautiful.BTW, as far as i know the 360 itself does'nt need 60hz, certain games need 60hz(albeit quite a few of them).I may be mistaken though

Advertisement