Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Difficulty Writing Firefox plugin

Options
  • 22-02-2008 10:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi,
    I’m trying to write a firefox plugin and having no luck.
    It’s supposed to work like this,

When you rollover a link, the window that the page is linked to appears within or on top of the current page (but not as a popup) and preferably without any of the toolbars across the top but with the scroll bar along the side.
    Then when you roll off the linked file it vanishes.

I can already do this from the web side, by just creating a popup, but it’s important that it’s done by firefox.

If anyone could help I’d really appreciate it, I’m really out of my depth with this one.

I’ve attached an image to show what I mean. I hope it helps.

Thanks
    D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 machale08

Hey,
    I saw people were looking at the board but not replying, is this cause the questions a bit daft?
    Is this actually possible?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

no it's just a lot people like to browse here, may be at work, maybe enjoying their weekend having totally shut off their brain from programming and they do it 9-5 fives days a week.

i know i try not to think/solve/program on the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

What you want to do might be easier done in greasemonkey.

You can read how to do plugins at the Mozdev site. I posted a build environment I had to create the boards.ie plugin.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=2238965&highlight=plugin#post2238965

But the source will be out of date (you will need to change version numbers).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭sobriquet

Been meaning to write greasemonkey scripts for a couple of things. There's a free book on the topic here: http://diveintogreasemonkey.org/ - I'm a fan of the authors' Python book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 machale08

Spot on, GreaseMonkey looks like a much easier way of doing it.
    appreciate it

thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement