Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

any nuvi model for speed camera database

Options
  • 22-02-2008 6:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Heya, was considering buying a nuvi 710 but its very pricey, if I buy either 200, 200w or 250 would the database work for those as well or need I purchase something with preloaded speed camera alerts on it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,357 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Yes it will, if it's static data based around POI then it will work in any of the Garmin automotive unbits.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭mondeo

Irishspeedtraps.com will supply your safety camera needs.

Tomasso

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Deadlobster

I bought a nuvi 200 christmas pack for 179 from halfords that comes with a case and preloaded safety camera (wink wink) sites on its poi. I presume they would be fairly up to date.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,357 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

I think the preloaded camera database on the Garmin only covers the UK, I borrowed one from a friend for a trip to Anfield last November and at several points around Liverpool I got warning beeps about cameras but I don't think there's anything in that database for Ireland.

For what it's worth I found the beeping very annoying and as far as I know the database that's available for Ireland (for a subscription charge) is populated mainly by mobile speed traps i.e. there was a patrol car spotted in a farm gateway there some time in the past two years. So if you're driving from Dublin to Cork you may find it very irritating that the machine keeps telling you about speed traps when there's none there,. What will happen then is that after a while you'll disable the POI setting and then 9 months later you'll see an annual subscription deducted from your credit card for something that you dont use anymore.

Advertisement