Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NAB Cup.....

Options
  • 22-02-2008 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭

....the sooner it's over the better.

Turned off the Bombers/Bulldogs game cause it was absolute disgrace (apart from Scott Lucas' goals which were top drawer). Both teams played shocking football. I know it's preseason but this was beyond bad. Thank God for the supergoal as it brought the only bit of excitement to a drab affair.

Most of the big teams don't give a sh1te about it anyway.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Drab cup so? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Supergoal?

Explain please.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

DesF wrote: »
    Supergoal?

Explain please.

Any goal from outside the 50metre mark gets 9 points as opposed to the usual 6. It's great to see players having efforts from miles out, especially when they slice them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Ah, I remember now.

Cheers

Another day, another crap game.

Midway through the second quarter and it's Hawthorn 65-4 Carlton. A 61 point lead after a half an hour of football! Absolutely pointless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Skittlebrau

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Another day, another crap game.

Midway through the second quarter and it's Hawthorn 65-4 Carlton. A 61 point lead after a half an hour of football! Absolutely pointless.

Yeah I was at that game yesterday. All over after 20 mins. Good to see the Hawks win though.

Meaningless competition though. The Blues won it last year FFS.

So the Saints win the NAB Cup with a 5 point win over the Crows.

Crap first half in sweltering conditions. Picked up in the second though and was actually quite an enjoyable game. Very poor turnout of 27,000. Even the commentators were giving out about that.

Next stop, round 1!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

So the Saints win the NAB Cup with a 5 point win over the Crows.

Crap first half in sweltering conditions. Picked up in the second though and was actually quite an enjoyable game. Very poor turnout of 27,000. Even the commentators were giving out about that.

Next stop, round 1!

Good that the saints won, but it obviously doesn't mean much. The game it self was enjoyable, and yeah the commentaors were giving out about the crowd. Where was it held? as they were saying how much the fans keep talking about how they love the game but never show up when it is brought to town.

It was AAMI Stadium in Adelaide. They have a reputation for never getting a decent crowd in. They were even giving out the season ticket hotline during the game in a bit to recruit members.

Here in Perth there's something like a 5 year waiting list for Eagles memberships.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭hanton12

It was AAMI Stadium in Adelaide. They have a reputation for never getting a decent crowd in. They were even giving out the season ticket hotline during the game in a bit to recruit members.

Here in Perth there's something like a 5 year waiting list for Eagles memberships.

or like the waiting list to be a member of the MCG, I know people who were put on the list when they were born and are still waiting! Eagles situation should hopefully be helped by the new stadium. Used to go to games when I was there but knew people who could get tickets and also would be on ticketmaster the morning of general release and trying to snap up what I could.

glad the season is about to start now anyway!

• Advertisement
Advertisement