Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coming back from abroad

Options
  • 22-02-2008 3:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 864 ✭✭✭

Here's my situation:

Worked for eight months last year (was in college previous to that) and then I went travelling for a couple of months. I'll be coming home soon but I don't have any jobs lined up at the moment. Is it possible to claim job seekers allowance straight away once I arrive back home?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Aedh Baclamh

Anyone able to help?

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭tomred1

I dont think you will have the cons foe Jobseekers Benefitas you need 39 weeks work in 2006. For jobseekers allowance if your under 25 and living with your parents it will be means tested on there income. Best thing is to go and apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭TheBeach

You might be able to use stamps from your 8 months previous employment - the Citizen's Advice Bureau will be able to help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Aedh Baclamh

Thanks lads, I'll check into it.

Advertisement