Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can pigs be potty-trained?

Options
  • 22-02-2008 3:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭

I was thinking today about pet pigs (bored on the bus), and I had the sudden image of myself trying to convince the bus driver to let me bring a pig on board. That made me wonder, can pigs be house-trained?
    If no-one here knows I may try over in the farming forum.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

i have heard of people who have pet pigs. you do realise you will have to get a dept of agriculture herd number?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭kerrysgold

they are supposed to be just as intelligent as dog's, if not more so, so probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

stevoman wrote: »
    i have heard of people who have pet pigs. you do realise you will have to get a dept of agriculture herd number?
    I'm not getting one, I'm just wondering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭shinners007

From what i recall pot bellied pigs are easily potty trained using a large litter box and by placing the water into the litter box to get the pig to step into it, as pigs tend to pee whilst drinking- i cant be 100% on that but thats what i remember!

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Morganna

pigs are very clean sociable animals and can be trained .They use one corner of the pig sty as a toilet and can be litter trained.

• Advertisement
Advertisement