Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE Oscars Promo

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Mrs Roy Keane

The WWE did this when advertising WM 21 and it was much better but its an ok advert for the Oscars

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DaBreno

Its funny enough. Tragic how this is the best bit of comedy the station made in a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Skinfull

Ah no the RTE ad for drama...with the three eejits taking to yer man from CSI...asking for bainne...that was comedy gold!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Match Me Sidney

Ha yeah, liked that CSI ad myself too. That was clever enough. Havta say though, saw that RTÉ oscars ad last night and thought it was awful!... It looks so cheaply made and desperate to 'be funny.' I was just annoyed it took so long to get the point of the whole advertisement accross.

The whole terrible actors auditioning thing has been done before to death. Actually, anyone have any idea of the first time that was done in a film? As far as I can remember off the top of my head, I'm thinking the original version of 'The Producers' and the 'that's our Hitler' scene!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,852 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Christ.. that ad's brutal!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Alibear

God that's an awful ad...!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Shockingly awful.....made me want to gouge my eyes out....
    looks cheap and nasty imho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Also realised ...they're advertising this quite heavily and they're not even showing this live...just re-heated pointless "highlights"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Also realised ...they're advertising this quite heavily and they're not even showing this live...just re-heated pointless "highlights"
    Hardly. They wouldn't get many viewers from 1am on a Sunday night would they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭standbyme

I dont if anyone will bother with the show, but you do have a choice as Sky1 are doin their highlights show @ 8.30pm 30m before RTE2, & then they show Prison Break S3 finale a day before RTE :D
    So thats RTE caught short again.

So you have Kate Thornton commentary on sky or just plain US commentary on RTE, you choose.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭Davedubh

Did the people behind the roaring 20s write this?The one featuring people auditioning well known movie scenes.What an unfunny ,annoying load of ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,483 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Alllllllllmost as annoying as people not checking for existing threads on the subject :)
    Threads merged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭Davedubh

doubledown wrote: »
    I don't really know if this should be in Television or Film.

Anyway, has anyone seen this promo that RTE has been running for the Oscars? I think it's pretty good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-k_fHzoN2Gg&feature=related

Are you joking ?Its embarrasing.

Advertisement