Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emmerdale

Options
  • 22-02-2008 1:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭

Did anyone else think Emmerdale was too sad last night. Poor Laurel,it felt so real

Very sad topic for her and Ashley to do :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Haven't watched Emmerdale for a long time, but I heard about it this morning. Was it Cot Death?

I'm moving this over to our Soap Opera forum....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Dublingirl23

Last nights episode was very real and very well acted by Charlotte and John. I'm glad the actors, did their research on the storyline before it was aired. Well done Emmerdale, I know it was a tragic episode but it was tasteful at the same time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I rarely watch soaps but I'm glad I happened to catch this. It was fantastically done. The actress who plays Laurel was absolutely superb. I was extremely moved by it. Yes, it was cot death.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,021 ✭✭✭✭tk123

GAH i thought it was awful not the acting the story - it was just so sad and so real! Anyhoos whats the deal with that other (annoying) family who had the baby at the same time? When the babies were born the show kind of hinted that they could have been mixed up - it looks like the other two maybe know the babies were mixed up oooh or maybe knew their baby would die and swicthed them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Eire 4Ever

This shows Emmerdale is the best soap at present

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Featherl

tk123 wrote: »
    GAH i thought it was awful not the acting the story - it was just so sad and so real! Anyhoos whats the deal with that other (annoying) family who had the baby at the same time? When the babies were born the show kind of hinted that they could have been mixed up - it looks like the other two maybe know the babies were mixed up oooh or maybe knew their baby would die and swicthed them?

What mix up with babies with Emmerdale? I must have missed it? Or is it Corrie( Ryan and Alex?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭lizann

Brillant Soap

Great performances all round

• Registered Users Posts: 14,021 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Featherl wrote: »
    What mix up with babies with Emmerdale? I must have missed it? Or is it Corrie( Ryan and Alex?)

They found out tonight that the baby had/was a carrier for CF. Cue them both getting tested and them realizing there was a mix up! I should write these things :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Lurvely

It was really really sad, and so brilliantly done...well done to the actors!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

can't see it being a co-incidence that months after the 'swapped child at birth' story hit corrie that emmerdale get something similar only here it's with an infant...I personally didn't think emmerdale needed a story as drastic as the cot-death and now this being honest...not needed at all

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭gogglebok

Lurvely wrote: »
    It was really really sad, and so brilliantly done...well done to the actors!
    Laurel is terrific, isn't she? I wish there was a bit more life in the story, though. It seems to be the same kind of scene over and over again.

What do you think of Chas? She's brilliant in the Genesis story. The script is full of tough lines, but she looks heartbroken when she delivers them.

Chas is pulling her character off alright ... but so is Shadrack, he has to be one of the best characters in Emmerdale at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Lurvely

Shadrachs brilliant! Its great seeing this side to his character as well :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

The way they turned the well-done cot death storyline into a cheap tawdry baby-swap one is a bit much though. Enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭gogglebok

Firetrap wrote: »
    The way they turned the well-done cot death storyline into a cheap tawdry baby-swap one is a bit much though. Enough.

They really lost it, didn't they? It felt like they had no idea what they were doing. Laurel had the same scene over and over, blankly refusing to countenance the return of her baby. I think they were six or eight episodes into into it before she even gave a reason.

I don't think it would have taken three weeks for everyone to find out the truth anyway. Wouldn't the hospital have been more pro-active? I can understand them dragging things out to make it more dramatic, but the audience already knew what was going to happen. How is that dramatic? I could have accepted the baby-swap thing, but they wasted it.

Emmerdale seems to have walked off a cliff recently. That awful, awful story about the cruise. So unrealistic, and so repetitive. Yet some of the writing is really sharp, and the prodigal daughter story is touching and well-acted.

The Dingles are some of the best actors on tv at the moment, they just never seem to be on the winning side but yet they have this united family approach to everything ... I wonder how this "Belle school-fees" storyline will end

• Registered Users Posts: 4,052 ✭✭✭gazzer

I wonder how this "Belle school-fees" storyline will end

This storyline finally ended on Tuesday night when Belle announced that she didnt want to go to the posh school anymore. I can see some of the new producers input creeping into the show now as she has said in interviews that she wasnt too fond of the Belle school fees storyline.

Tuesdays episode was great fun and it made a change from the more dramatic hour long episodes of the past. Last nights episode was brilliant. Charlotte Bellamy is such a fantastic actress. The scene in the house with Mel and Laurel and Mel begging Laurel not to go to court was just heartbreaking. The baby storyline is a really good one cos it is not a black and white one. You can see everybodys side of the story and there is not right or wrong really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

Been away in Germany for the past few days so hvnt seen it at all this week but I happened to catch the last 5min of todays repeat of last nyt where the judge said that Authur is to be returned to its biological parents ie: Ashley+Laurel and within 24hrs..the reaction of the Dolands was so sad. Missed tonights episode tho!

Advertisement