Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US: 4X05 Promo / Pre-Airing Discussion [**POSSIBLE SPOILERS**]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭wba88

Looks good! Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭bytesize

It could be just me but the very first frame of the first clip, in the background behind juliet, it looks like the helicoptor crashed on the beach and is on fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,513 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

****e it does whats with flying into the storm head, also who the hell is the man grabbing Daniel by the head and asking if he's going to die? Looking good though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭wba88

bytesize wrote: »
    It could be just me but the very first frame of the first clip, in the background behind juliet, it looks like the helicoptor crashed on the beach and is on fire.

interesting, nice find

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

****e it does whats with flying into the storm head, also who the hell is the man grabbing Daniel by the head and asking if he's going to die? Looking good though!

It's Desmond

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

that's not a helicoptor it's just a beach fire

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I added two sneak peaks above. This episode is looking brilliant!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

The clips above show Desmond on the boat locked in a room but they also show what looks like a Desmond with a shaved head in a room with Daniel smacking him off the wall. So does Desmond get back to the island, is that on the boat,or somewhere else - i think it may be a flashforward of Daniel in a classroom with Desmond paying a visit....so many questions!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,513 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Axwell wrote: »
    The clips above show Desmond on the boat locked in a room but they also show what looks like a Desmond with a shaved head in a room with Daniel smacking him off the wall. So does Desmond get back to the island, is that on the boat,or somewhere else - i think it may be a flashforward of Daniel in a classroom with Desmond paying a visit....so many questions!

No I think it happens on the Island I think the head man on the Freighter (forget his name) but he has a strong english accent, so I think that whole scene at the end of the clip is with him and Daniel and not Desmond!

Just watched the new clips that the Prof put up damn they are intriging I see that the bloke with Desmond is called Keamy and is played by Kevin Durand who was in 3.10 to yuma (cowboy who got stabbed in the neck with a fork :) ) and he was one of the chainsaw gang in Smoken Aces (damn that 3 actors from that movie who are in Lost!) and also I see Fisher Stevens is in the second clip from checking imdb I see he is playing George Minkowski

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

No I think it happens on the Island I think that is a helicopter on fire and the pilot is the head man on the Freighter (forget his name) but he has a strong english accent, so I think that whole scene at the end of the clip is with him and Daniel and not Desmond!

It cant be the helicopter on the island, they are talking about the helicopter being gone for so long at the time, they wouldnt be talking about it being gone if it was on fire behind them on the sand.

As for the head man on the freighter i think your talking about George Minkowski, hes the man strapped to the bed in the room with Desmond and hes played by an American actor Fisher Stevens (from Hackers) so i cant see him having a strong English accent.

The person in the clip in the room with Daniel is definitely Desmond with his head shaved, it sounds and looks exactly like him and nothing like Minkowski.

This does answer the question why Monkowski isnt answering the phone though since hes strapped to a bed and locked away in a room on the boat.

• Advertisement

I also think Minkowski is going to turn out to be Bens man on the boat and not Michael like everyone thinks, its to obvious if its Michael and Lost is never obvious.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Im guessing from the trailers there that when he does that to the pilot he goes ever so slightly off course which is what caues the mentioned possible side effects, ie the clearly unstable mental condition of despond on the boat
    Mr.S wrote: »
    so the timing with the outside world is messed up after all? surley then all the hours would have added up, and it would be much longer/shorter then 100 days that Jack thinks they've been on the Island?

looks like a good epp, but a very WTF eppisode, again.

well if 20 mins = 24 hours then 100 days would mean they have been gone 19 years 8 months and where they are off the island looks too modern to be that far in the future so its definaly not that time moves faster/slower on the island. It seems like the islande exists outside of space time

User45701 wrote: »
    well if 20 mins = 24 hours then 100 days would mean they have been gone 19 years 8 months and where they are off the island looks too modern to be that far in the future so its definaly not that time moves faster/slower on the island. It seems like the islande exists outside of space time

Where are you pulling those figures from??? 20 mins=24 hours?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Fisher Stevens at last!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

If time on the island is moving slower than the rest of the world then it has to have started post-hatch implosion because there's LOADS of evidence to prove time was in sync before that. And even then the difference would be a year at most.

In Kate's flashforward her mother said she'd been dying for 4 years. She was already dying in a previous Kate flashback. Guesses have that flashback as taking place around 2002. Either way Kate's trial can't be any later than 2008. And it looks like the Oceanic 6 are back at least a year, possibly a lot more.

Slow island time would explain the inbound rocket being late but not the outbound helicopter. And I still don't see how real-time communication would be possible.

As for Daniel's clocks, the times were apparently added digitally in post-production and I'm starting to think they got the two times mixed up. It would make a lot more sense if Daniel's clock was faster instead of slower. Right now I've yet to see a solid theory anywhere to explain all this. But we'll have to wait and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Axwell wrote: »
    Where are you pulling those figures from??? 20 mins=24 hours?

the helicopter journey should have taken 20 mins but it has been over one day (24 hours) and it has yet to arrive on the boat. Also the device the bost sent as a test had a time delay although it seemed to be moving very fast so its time delay was less than that of a helicopter that would move sloer than a rocket assisted projectile or whatever the device was.

so 20 mins - 24 hours. 24 hours x 60 mins - 1440 mins a day divded by 20 (to get how many times faster time is moving on the island) = time on the island moves 72 times aslower (this is a low guess because this is based on the helicopter journey taking exeatly 24 hours island time to reach the boat but itm seems it takes a little over 24 hours.) so with time moving 72+ times faster on the island those 100 days (ah i see the mistake i made i multiplyaed 100 by 72 then divided by 365.)

wiith time moving 72 times faster i should have dived 100 days by 72 meaning they have actually according to the preceptions of the outside world only been missing for 28 hours. 1.38 days.

Now im starting to confuse myself.

User45701 wrote: »
    the helicopter journey should have taken 20 mins but it has been over one day (24 hours) and it has yet to arrive on the boat. Also the device the bost sent as a test had a time delay although it seemed to be moving very fast so its time delay was less than that of a helicopter that would move sloer than a rocket assisted projectile or whatever the device was.

so 20 mins - 24 hours. 24 hours x 60 mins - 1440 mins a day divded by 20 (to get how many times faster time is moving on the island) = time on the island moves 72 times aslower (this is a low guess because this is based on the helicopter journey taking exeatly 24 hours island time to reach the boat but itm seems it takes a little over 24 hours.) so with time moving 72+ times faster on the island those 100 days (ah i see the mistake i made i multiplyaed 100 by 72 then divided by 365.)

wiith time moving 72 times faster i should have dived 100 days by 72 meaning they have actually according to the preceptions of the outside world only been missing for 28 hours. 1.38 days.

Now im starting to confuse myself.

Im not suprised you're confused :D

Also you cant really use the helicopter as an example as you dont have any definite times or know that it hasnt actually made the trip and the people on the boat are dying. You should be doing your calculations on the payload as we know this was 31 minutes out of sync by the 2 clocks.

I was watching the clips above and the bit where Daniel says to Jack if they didnt follow the heading there could be "side effects", from watching the clip Desmond has Daniel by the collar asking if he is going to die, i think this is related to the side effect but that these go back to where Desmond turned the key originally and had his time shift incident, from then on he was getting flash forwards of things that were going to happen. I think when he turned the key he already suffered the side effects and will find this out from talking to Minkowski and Daniel but that long term they are bad and could kill him, or possibly he sees a flash forward of himself involving Daniel.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Looking at the bearing clock on the heli it reads 3.2 ish....

Miles asked Ben for 3.2m... Defo think blackmailing Ben is not what Miles is trying do to.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,504 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

I think the time dilation is related to how fast the object is moving, so missile = very fast so 30 mins, helicopter not as fast as missile, so will take a lot longer. Radiowaves = speed of light, so virtually no delay.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

astrofool wrote: »
    I think the time dilation is related to how fast the object is moving, so missile = very fast so 30 mins, helicopter not as fast as missile, so will take a lot longer. Radiowaves = speed of light, so virtually no delay.

Hmmm, you could be onto something there. But the plane that crashed would have moved fast too, making the time dilation i bit irrelevant to the losties

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

Miles is Ben's guy on the boat perhaps? or Michael... Wait, Michael makes loadsa sense, doesn't it...

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Jay Ru

astrofool wrote: »

i was thinking it might have something to do with the size of the object rather than the speed of it. another thing the helicopter cud not have been flying to 24 hours it simply did not have enuff fuel!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Michael must be on the boat otherwise how did the boat know exactly where to go - they were already in the area before contact was made. Whether he is Ben's man on the boat is a different story.

Also the 3.2 million is definately a code for something.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

I'm probably going blind and stupid but is that not
    John Locke
    in the bed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

Gillie wrote: »
    I'm probably going blind and stupid but is that not
    John Locke
    in the bed?
    Nope, its fisher stevens/minkowski.

Also, i think its michael on the boat, but not for the reason given above. The island doesnt strike me as somewhere you'd simply remember how to get back to after leaving on a crappy little boat like michael did. Remember last seasons finale where jack had maps all over his apartment? I think this is evidence that finding this place is not as easy as youd think. They found it because of the hatch blowup in season 2, remember ''its us, i think we've found it''...........

Mr.S wrote: »
    is there a double eppisode tonight in the US? tv.com says theres a eppisode at 8 and then at 9 on ABC
    The one at 8 is just an "enhanced" episode, i.e. last week's with subtitles pointing out easter eggs and other obvious stuff. No double episodes this season.

Advertisement