Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendations in Cork?

Options
  • 21-02-2008 11:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

I'm on the wrong side of 40 and have decided to get my teeth sorted out for once and for all. Braces were recommended in the past but I didn't have the nerve at the time. Now I am all fired up to do whatever is necessary.

I want to go to a dentist/orthodontist who will give me all the alternatives available to me - crowns/veneers/orthodontics etc. Could I get recommendations or any suggestions as I undertake this treatment

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

sorry to drag an old thread to the surface but I'm also looking for a recommendation for a dentist in Cork. In the past I've needed quite a lot of dental treatment and can be a bit uncomfortable with a "plug & go" dentist. Would rather someone who explains problems and possible solutions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭Dasilva94

I'll through in my thrupence.

Who is the best Dentist in Cork for someone in their late twenties who due to a degree of dental phobia, has ended up with fairly bad set of teeth?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

There's a shared practice at 59 MacCurtain St., and they have a very good hygienist there.

The surgeon I've used is Michael Doyle. Not sure about orthodontal work as I haven't looked into that, but they'll certainly give you a thorough assessment etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Plek Trum

I know that Crotty in Douglas comes recommended for Ortho work. He also does 'invisalign ' ortho work - like a clear thin gumshield instead of wires and braces. This may be of interest to you, but of course depends on your condition and suitablility.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 merry

Hi I only found this thread (and the site) by accident!

I live in the UK and I was scared of the dentist for years :eek:

Then I found Gerald O'Sullivan in Leicester in 1990 and although I moved around the country living in Plymouth and Portsmouth I retained family in the Midlands.

Throughout my moves I never changed Dentists, I tried once but it was awful. He has treated our whole family and my children thought going to see him was great.

When I met him I needed extensive dental work as I found out I was allergic to my amalga? (silver/mercury) fillings and had to have them replaced.

Gerald has since moved back to Ireland and his practice is: West Lynn, Main Street, Mallow, County Cork.

I wish I had an phone number for him, so if anyone finds it in an Irish Directory, please let me know.

My daughter needs orthodontic work (He's an orthodontist too) and he's so good I have even thought of coming across for him to do it! :D

Hopefully my loss is your gain!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 merry

I've just realised how far away Mallow is but he's a great dentist, especially if you have a phobia! I've now found the practice number 022 42018.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Hayden*

Tony Aherne Consultants Private Clinic, Wilton does all dental works from implants to veneers and crowns and a dentist called Ian O'Dowling does ortho work who is very good he deals with a lot of kids private and public but also does adults private. Tony Aherne uses the best is expensive but it is ur smile and its worth it!!

Advertisement