Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Javascript Question

Options
  • 21-02-2008 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

I was hoping someone here could answer a very quick question for me regarding Javascript so hopefully I dont have to hunt down another forum somewhere to ask.

I was wondering if its possible to code a tree menu in Javascript that can be edited with a right click. So when you want to add a new link/node you just right click on the current tree menu and up pops a menu to add it. So you dont need a seperate application to edit the menu and then have to deploy it you can just do it all there and then.

I know that various tree menu's have some nice themes with CSS and nice little icons etc jsut wondering if this could be editable too as in assigining an icon to a node.

Dave

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭ianhobo

Basically, yes I'm sure you could edit it. Your problem would be in saving the edits as you cannot save or perform write operations with Javascript (There are browser specific ways around this though). You would probably have to update some hidden form fields with the javascripts too, then use some form processing and other scripting to save the new data

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Or more obviously use AJAX :)

Advertisement