Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

availability of AA lithium batteries?

Options
  • 21-02-2008 8:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭

hi folks are energizer AA lithium batteries readily available?
    are they expensive?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

I've ordered some from here
    Works out at €6.60ish including postage for 4,
    cheaper than what I've seen them in the local supermarkets.

Might be worth posting in 'Bargain Alerts - Requests' forum here on Boards
    to see if any Boardsies know any better or cheaper sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,359 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Don't fall for the hype put about by the battery manufacturers - go for NiMh rechargables (min 2500 mAh) and forget the crap put about by Energiser (aka Ever Ready) - Lithiun-Ion batteries may last longer than Duracell alkalines but they still end up in the bin after one cycle and they're probably just as bad in digital cameras as alkaline i.e. completely useless.

Read this: http://www.steves-digicams.com/nimh_batteries.html

Watch out for the older Uniross (green) rechargables that Dixons and Currys (same company) would like to pawn off on you, they will sell you totally obsolete batteries like 1800 mAh if you don't watch out. The current Uniross AA batteries are good, don't take anything less than 2500 mAh and you should be aiming for 2700 or better.

I have four pairs of Lenmar 2700 NiMh AA rechargables which I use in my Garmin eTrex Legend and Samsung S85 digital camera, I haven't bought a single AA battery in the past three years.

Advertisement