Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nuvi 310 Bluetooth sound Quality

Options
  • 21-02-2008 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

hi,

I purchased a Nuvi 310 a couple of months ago. since then I have called the Garmin Tech Support group several times and finally I was granted an RMA. The problem was the sound quality heard by the other person when the nuvi's bluetooth connection was used for hands free phone calls. The other person could hear feedback and distortion when they spoke. I could hear them fine. The only way I could use the unit was at half volume and then I was unable to hear them while driving!.
    I got the replacement yesterday and again the same issue!! Am I doing something wrong here? ( I tested with a Nokia 6230i and a Sony Errisson K800i. which work on other bluetooth kits.)

Another point.....The unit they sent back came with French maps instead of Ireland&Uk.... Before I RMAed the unit. I backed up the software to my laptop. Is it possible to copy the .img files to the new unit so that I can again navigate in Ireland without having to deal with Garmin again for maps..

Thanks
    P M

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

I had the same issue ,what I did is buy an external microphone and I taped up the microphone on the 310.

I put the microphone next to the alarm sensor and I don't have any trouble anymore. I can't have the volume at max ,but it's almost at max.

http://www.mysatnav.ie/garmin-external-microphone

It might seem like a bit of a nuisance ,but I found it worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 pmeade1

Thanks.

I've been on to Garmin who deny any such issue, even though I saw it with 2 different nuvi 310 units!!! . They have agreed to send me external mic

Advertisement