Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nuvi 310 Bluetooth sound Quality

Options
  • 21-02-2008 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi,

I purchased a Nuvi 310 a couple of months ago. Since then following many calls to tech support I had the unit RMAed. The reason was the sound quality heard by a caller was terrible when I used the bluetooth function. The unit was upgraded etc and I tried a few different phones (Nokia 6230i , Sony Erricson k800i, same issue. the only way I could use the nuvi for hands free was when the volume was at about half and then it was difficult for me to hear the other person.
    I got my replacement unit yesterday and again the same issue!!
    am I doing something wrong here, Garmin say they have no issues with bluetooth.....
    Please help

another point... the replacement unit came with the wrong maps, I live in Ireland but they send a unit with French maps!!.
    I had backed up my old units software before I sent it back. Is it possible to transfer the .img files to the new unit and if so will they work corectly.

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Kevin Heenan

Hi,

There certainly is an issue with the Garmin Bluetooth phone connection. I have a Garmin 760 and am having exactly the same problems. I have updated the bluetooth firmware from Garmin site and also the phone software from the Sony Erricsson site. Some times it works OK other times it's very bad i.e. I cant be heard. It has been suggested to me that if the phone is not fully charged it can affect the operation of it's bluetooth but I'm not sure about that. I have acquired a Garmin external mic that plugs into the bracket. I only got it yesterday so the jury's out on that at the moment. I'll use it for a while and post the result in a few days. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 28 pmeade1

Thanks

interested to hear how you get on. I'm amazed that there isnt more about this issue. I mean the bluetooth is the main reason to purchase the nuvi310.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Kevin Heenan

Hi Pmeade1,
    I have been using the external mic with the Garmin for a few days now and it seemsto have made a vast improvement to the sound quality at the far end, I can be heard now. You can buy one of these from Garmin website although they were out of stock when I tried so I got one on ebay for ST£11.85.

Advertisement