Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for guild (epic tankadin)

Options
  • 21-02-2008 3:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

After a 2 month break from Wow I came back to find my guild disbanded and the server in utter crap so I am looking for a new guild and I dont mind Transfering server for the right guild. here is what I am looking for (My charecter is a 70 Epic Tankadin (alliance) with high end Kara/badge loot and I have 500 badges of justice waiting to upgrade some more gear)

I am looking for a guild that is currently Doing well in Kara and is planing on (or is already doing) gruuls and mags lair.

Can provide me with at least a raid a fortnight (my play times are whenever is needed)

Is keen to do the high range of dailys available in the new patch and unlock the island as fast as possible and is interested in pretty much learning the new 5 man well

Is a mature guild (I dont mind young people but I dont want to be in a guild that is CONSTANTLY bickering at each other) with quite a few active Lv 70s

Here is a little about myself

I am 20 years old and have been playing Wow for about a year now however I just moved back to Ireland (from England) and took a 2 month break to get my new place in order.

I will be starting playing again from tomorrow and I will be fairly active (3/4 hours a day more for raids or runs if needed)

I have a lot of experiance tanking and I would say I am a good tank (I have main tanked Kara a fair few times and only Netherbane gives me problems)

I will be bringing a lot of experiance if needed to instance runs and raids

If you need more info about my charecter send me a pm and also feel free to link your guild website or armoury ^^

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

only bit of advise i can offer is hang onto those badges :) theres a new patch on the way with some great gear :) good luck finding a guild :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 mspsycho

The badges I have are indeed for the new gear. I have known there will be some updates available with 2.4 for a long time (thank you wowinsider lol) so I went on a collection spree

Also I forgot to mention I play on PvE servers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

mspsycho wrote: »
    I would say I am a good tank (I have main tanked Kara a fair few times and only Netherbane gives me problems)

Netherspite-Nightbane hybrid... that would be so not fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Pitty you alliance cause you be very much what we are looking for.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ivan

What exactly are you looking for Badcharlie? I have a belf prot tankadin on Terenas (PvE) that I'd be willing to move. My guild folded around christmas and havent been up to much since, but would like to find a decent guild to get back into things, with...

Nunca:
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Terenas&n=Nunca

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Ivan wrote: »
    What exactly are you looking for Badcharlie? I have a belf prot tankadin on Terenas (PvE) that I'd be willing to move. My guild folded around christmas and havent been up to much since, but would like to find a decent guild to get back into things, with...

Nunca:

Some savage gear on that toon.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Evac101

Damn nice gear but...

Stupid 7th ring of the tirasfallen....had horded DKP for months waiting for it to drop, never did, finally bid on the T5 Legs and Shoulders after giving up on it, very next TK run, first trash pack - it drops. Got outbid by one of the guilds warriors who ended up emo-quitting WoW less then a week later >.<

To the OP - currently checking to see if I can offer you a place in the guild I'm in (always eager to get more Irish in :P ) but I need to run it past the Paladin CL who had been plotting on joining me as the guilds second palatank :P

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Got my 7th ring last week off the last trash pack before Kael when we were reclearing for the last few attempts of the night - given that we were running a very DPS-stacked raid (prot warr, tankadin me, couple of DPS-focused feral droods, 6 healers etc) it pretty much got defaulted to me :D

Evac, I don't think the OP can transfer to Emeriss. :(

Damn PvE servers, just roll on PvP people and preserve your transfer options! :(

And congrats LaKirby :) (p.s.got the Ring of Sundered Souls last week so I'm not too bummed)

Ah - my toon: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Emeriss&n=Gada%C3%AD

That ring from Morogrim Tidewalker dropped for us too last night, but I'm in a bit of a DKP pit at the moment due to ring and SSC trash trinket and Al'ar trinket (<3) all coming within less than 2 weeks, so our prot warrior got it. There's always next time though, and because our T5 is on a separate DKP pool to non-set items I should have my T5 pants very soon :)

*realises that this thread is starting to evolve into Tankadin Loot Chat*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Nunca:

I can't look at your gear as im at work, and most web sites dont work while at work. But im sure its good.

this is our web site
    http://thefelixlegion.myfreeforum.org/

What we have done/progress is
    Cleared kara loads of times.
    Only done the first and third boss in ZA. Not gone to za much maybe 6 or 7 times.
    Cleared Grull 6 times maybe more
    Downed Void reever last night for the first time after our second week in trying him :)
    Also did real well on the first boss.

Best thing is that i got my t5 Shoulder :). Same with another irish friend of mine in the guild got the other t5. We are the only 2 guys in our guild with t5. All these boss's are new to our guild as we have no one who has been in these fights before. Its kind of cool that way we are all learning.

Also the GM is from limerick. Guild is over a year old. We have a load of members but also 30% of them must be alts maybe more.
    And we are a PvE server & horde.

If anyone wants to join they can apply via web site before moving, to see if they get accepted.

I go By the name MuppetKiller in wow on our web site

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Psycopat

I have a belf prot tankadin on Terenas (PvE) that I'd be willing to move.

http://www.wowsublime.co.uk/forum

badly need a main prot pally, we've vashj almost down and when she does go down we'll be killing kael and goin straight for MH and BT. hopefully we down em before the patch

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

all this talk is getting my wow addiction a bit craving tbh...

keep getting chars to 70 and just leavin them

cant see why i should put effort into gear when new expo comes and replaces all my gear in a few days

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

Psycopat wrote: »
    http://www.wowsublime.co.uk/forum

badly need a main prot pally, we've vashj almost down and when she does go down we'll be killing kael and goin straight for MH and BT. hopefully we down em before the patch
    nice try rev but cant transfer from PVE to a PVP realm... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

all this talk is getting my wow addiction a bit craving tbh...

keep getting chars to 70 and just leavin them

cant see why i should put effort into gear when new expo comes and replaces all my gear in a few days

Why bother buying a car? Your only going to get a new one in a year or two.
    Why bother buying new clothes? Your only going to have to buy new ones!

The entire point of endgame wow is gear progression (dressed up as many different things). The fun is actually obtaining the gear and seeing the content in which it is housed.

Trust me, your missing out on 80% of the game by stopping at 70.

Youve got plenty of time yet before the expansion comes out, i doubt well be seeing it before Q3 at the earliest.

Evac101 wrote: »

To the OP - currently checking to see if I can offer you a place in the guild I'm in (always eager to get more Irish in :P ) but I need to run it past the Paladin CL who had been plotting on joining me as the guilds second palatank :P

Why the hell would you need 2 pally tanks? Get one to go retlol for the increased raid dps.

Currently I'm the main RL and the only tankadin in our guild Dustaz, if I get in a second, not only can I spec Retri more often (enjoy both specs but we need a tankadin almost every raiding night) but one of the other RL's in the guild could lead with a second tankadin and let me slack off some nights of the week :) Also would let me go raiding sometimes on my poor mage who's been sitting on 800 spelldamage for far too long - always tanking on my main so I never get a chance to improve his gears :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ivan

The raid dps increase from a ret paladin is pretty poor nowadays with tankadins picking up improved judgement of the crusader. Meaning ret paladins only really have a minor increase to the damage of their party members. Still, with ret paladins having been improved as much as they are they are now entirely viable on their own as a contributing dps. Even more so if you are lacking paladins and the extra buff is used.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭carpenoctem

Sent a PM but I thought I should post a little note in case there are other interested players reading this.

The guild Mojo on Alliance side on Nagrand PvE are looking for some more tanks atm - full on druids but prot paladin / warrior we really need to get enough tanks to progress from where we are. We could also do with another mage or two probably.

Current progress:
    Kara on farm
    Gruuls on farm
    Za - Akil'zon, Nalorakk, Halazzi downed
    The Eye- Voidreaver downed

Planning to start on Lurker in SSC this week and Magtheridon's Lair in the next few weeks. We just need another tank or two and to gear everyone to the correct level before we progress even further, the will, and attitude is certainly there already. :)

The guild itself has a mature player base, most people are in their mid - late 20s and recruitment is 18+. We have lots of fun when we raid, no whining etc. The guild doesn't use dkp but trust members to be mature enough to do looting by rolling on items. (Obviously using master looter here, not the n/g system :P).

For more info you can check out the website http://www.mojonagrand.eu/ or send me a PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

only taking level 70's?

thinking of getting back in and roll a new mage, since my chars where all pvp

• Advertisement

you can transfer pvp > pve.

You cannot transfer pve > pvp.

Funny story - was tanking adds @ Al'ar and Solarian on Thursday night, switched onto my mage for the additional DPS when we started towards VR as I figured 4 tanks was a little excessive for him. 4th mob we killed in the VR wing - our second 7th ring drops. Now becoming convinced Blizzard is taunting me ;)

Flask for spell damage and tank VR on your paladin, if you pull it and use AW every time it's on CD you should be able to hold it for the vast majority of the fight. My record is 100-49% then getting him back for 29%-0.

And yes, Blizz is taunting you. ;)

(grumblegrumbledoubledefenderAGAINgrumblegrumble)

Advertisement