Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dole-from signon to payment..how long

Options
  • 21-02-2008 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭

I signed on using welfare.ie on the 2nd of Jan and was called to give the completed form and documentation on the 16th of Jan...

I was missing my P45 so I had to return on the 2nd of Feb to complete the application.

It is now the 21st of Feb and I have heard nothing except for them to send back my original ESB bill.

Thakfully I am starting a new job on the 26th of Feb.

I am wondering how long does it take to process as I wont be paid to the end of March...and as you can imagine a couple of months with a mortgage and no income is tough.

Is ther anyone I can contact to find out the status of my Claim?
    The local social welfare office wont pick up the phone.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭tomred1

Well if they wont pick up the phone go down to them. There is no one else you can go to regarding your claim. Sometimes they just get busy.You should also informed them about your new job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭dellas1979

Is there some reason you cannot go in, pick up the little ticket and queue like everyone else there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭uoluol

It can take up to 8 weeks to get a claim authorised - more if you are missing any requested documentation. There has been a huge increase of new claimants signing on, especially since the start of the new year.

You should have been advised to contact your local Community Welfare Office (HSE) who can arrange emergency funding, if needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Mrs. MacGyver

if you are paid by the HSE any amount paid on this will be off set any arrears due to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Washout

all got sorted out in 7 weeks or so...im just a paranoid person.

luckily Im back to work too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement