Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I need a new tan!! Any ideas??

Options
  • 21-02-2008 12:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

I've been using St Tropez mousse for years now, and im starting to think i've become immune to it! Is this possible???:mad: It just doesn't seem to work any more.

Anyone got any ideas of other tans I could try?? I like my tan quite dark, but not orange!

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Bendihorse

Lancome Leg Shimmer Gel is good, gives you an instant tint and shimmery glow and comes up pretty dark (depending on application) the next day.

For an instant fix i also use sally hansen spray on legs, its like makeup for your body but if you leave it on to dry (like 30mins) it doesn't streak in the rain and you actually have to scrub with soap and water the next day to get it off.

*Didn't think it was possible to become 'immune' to tan, maybe you've just got used to looking at yourself and dont think your brown anymore - be careful that your not going around looking browner than you should or is achieveable in summer sun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭pinklady2

Ambre Solaire Moistuirising Cream or L'oreal Sublime Bronze cream they are both brill,the tan develops overnight.. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Piz Buin Max Foam or Fake Bake Plus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

Yeah I get what you mean about becoming immune

the last few times i've put my tan on it's not come up as great as normal.

Hmm... interesting I might try that Lancome one, I'm on the look out for a new tan. How much does it cost btw??

I don't like the idea of it for a teeny can I don't wanna pay to much!
    Not a fan of San Tropez at all, bought it once, came out all manky and it didn't squirt properly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭apprentice

Fake Bake........ very messy but the results are worth it :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭flynnser19

Xen tan is good!!they say it doesnt smell but it does so ignore that s***!!!
    and i like sally hansen developing tan it comes out the next day really good and you only need one maybe two applications fo rit to be drak its brilliant!!

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭electric69

come to florida....its 30 degrees and clear blue skies........:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Bumblebee333

Thanks for all the ideas!

While I would have loved to go to Florida for a tan, I tried lancome instead. Have to say it came up lovely, and looked very natural!

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Bendihorse

Your welcome ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Question: Why do you feel the need to have a fake tan? What's wrong with your natural look? Streaks and brown lumps between your fingers are not attractive.

• Advertisement

electric69 wrote: »
    come to florida....its 30 degrees and clear blue skies........:D

Aw I wish I could go to Florida to get a natural tan!!! :(

Bumblebee.. how much did the tan cost?? And was i easily available?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

It's February, in Ireland, anyone wearing fake tan is going to look like a spanner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Sanerah

I'd recommend Lancome definitely! its quite pricey at 27e... L'Oreal Sublime used to be good untill it started bringing in a 'better' version of it! It was only 13e and produced the same effect as Lancome. Clarins Intense Tan is quite good too, at 24e.

I never liked St Tropez.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Folks, just answer the OP's question. This isn't the place to give out about fake tan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

hi OP i found the same thing about the st tropez mousse ive found that a new bottle goes on well but when you have had it a while the colur seems to settle in the bottom and some of the mousse is not as dark? I had to give it a good shake on saturday to get it to com eout brown!
    Lancome leg and face gel are brilliant (I use the leg gel everywhere except face as it comes up really well). loreal sublime bronze is nice too it gives a great golden tan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Bumblebee333

Bumblebee.. how much did the tan cost?? And was i easily available?

I think it was about €27. I got mine in boots, but i've seen it in debenhams and house of fraser too!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,217 ✭✭✭pookie82

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Question: Why do you feel the need to have a fake tan? What's wrong with your natural look? Streaks and brown lumps between your fingers are not attractive.

I wear fake tan all the time and I don't sport streaks OR lumps between my fingers. If you do it properly and don't go overboard it can look very natural. Bronzed skin (even slightly so) looks way better with most clothes and colours. Going out at the weekend in a white top with pasty Irish skin isn't at all attractive. If done properly tan can even make you look slimmer, as bronzed skin around your waist or tummy (if you're exposing any skin) makes you look way trimmer than a pasty midriff does.

Your problem is probably with those who cake it on and do a decent impression of Umpa Lumpa's. That's fair enough. But as we get such little sun in this country and a hint of a tan is really attractive (especially compared to milk white skin) there's nothing wrong with wearing a bit of the fake stuff if it's applied right.

pookie82 wrote: »
    I wear fake tan all the time and I don't sport streaks OR lumps between my fingers. If you do it properly and don't go overboard it can look very natural. Bronzed skin (even slightly so) looks way better with most clothes and colours. Going out at the weekend in a white top with pasty Irish skin isn't at all attractive. If done properly tan can even make you look slimmer, as bronzed skin around your waist or tummy (if you're exposing any skin) makes you look way trimmer than a pasty midriff does.

Your problem is probably with those who cake it on and do a decent impression of Umpa Lumpa's. That's fair enough. But as we get such little sun in this country and a hint of a tan is really attractive (especially compared to milk white skin) there's nothing wrong with wearing a bit of the fake stuff if it's applied right.

I was going to say something along the same lines as that in reply but decided to ignore those 2 posts.

it makes me feel better about myself when I have a tan and some colours of clothes do not go well without a tan!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭TEDDYBEAR90

I would recommend Rodial from House of Fraser, or Fake bake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭July

It's February, in Ireland, anyone wearing fake tan is going to look like a spanner.

I don't!

OP, I think you can't beat the St. Tropez lotion. Tried the mousse and the aerobronze. They don't compare.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭electric69

ok.im gonna get a bottle and bring it down to the beach with me tomorrow and fill it full of sunshine!:p its only gonna hit 27 degrees tomorrow :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

hi OP i found the same thing about the st tropez mousse ive found that a new bottle goes on well but when you have had it a while the colur seems to settle in the bottom and some of the mousse is not as dark? I had to give it a good shake on saturday to get it to com eout brown!

No way! I was recently wondering the same thing

Advertisement