Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying in Cederfield or Knockbrack Downs Drogheda

Options
  • 21-02-2008 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Just looking at propertys for sale in Drogheda.I am 27, single and want to get on the property market but not in a mad rush to do so. Looking at the Cederfield and Knockbrack downs areas. There seems to be an awful lot for sale in Knockbrack, anyone know why? Are there any problems there either with the houses or the estate? Anyone have any opinions on Cederfield?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭NAGGIE03

CEaderfield and knockbrack dowms are both fairly new developments. Knockbrack is bout five years old while cedearfield is bout ten!(rough guess)!
    Bout are right beside da motorway which is great if you need to commute to dublin everyday!
    Not to sure of why there would be a lot of houses for sale in knockbrack! A few people I know bought them as starter homes,to get themselves on the property ladder! While they are not bad houses they wouldnt be my idea of a family home! Another bone of contention with Knockbrack is that its a private estate built by developers and the Drogheda borough concil have bought a lot of houses there and are renting them out to people on the housing list!

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Mind Hunter 85

hi there

i speak from experience i lived and owned a house in knockbrack downs for 1+1/2years [i may add we sold to move abroad not because we werent happy there]
    my house was at the end of the estate in a cul de sac and the train rail runs behind it so if your looking down that end of the estate bear this in mind that you will hear the train passing up to 6 times per day i noticed it more in the summer, but the plus side is you'll never be overlooked from the rear there.

the area is quite i was suprised how quite it is as its not exactly the higher class estate, the houses are fine structually well mine was anyway .
    the neighbours were friendly etc,they make on effort to keep the place clean and tidy . overall i would recommend knockbrack highly , there are a large amount of houses for sale because people are choosing to upgrade to bigger houses [the rooms arent exactly big] but there not sellling fast due to the market situation now ,but this could be to your benefit you get to pick the best one at your price.
    you could get a nice house there in the current market for a good price with lots of extra's in to try to get there sale. rental prices have increased 150+euros per month in knockbrack in the past year.

cedarfield is built by the same company they built cedarfield about five years before knockbrack and its not up to the same standard apparently ,i've never been inside a cedarfield house but the stories i've heard say that there not up to scratch, a lot of owners ran-down the houses already by renting them out .

maybe i'm biased but i'd go for knockbrack its still under homebond for a few more years aswell .cederfield may well not be.

if you need any more info pm me .

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭bottomdog

Very similar, Ceaderfield is sligtly bigger I think, and has a more mature ownership because they bought them first. But KD are newer. O'Donoghue auctioners sold both developments. why not ask them for the pros and cons of each.

Advertisement