Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV Schedules

Options
  • 21-02-2008 11:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭

Lads,

was thinking of starting a thread for the season and maybe it being a sticky where the upcoming games for the weekend being shown on Setanta and the highlights on TG4 would br made known. It'd be handy for members to look in and see if their team is playing live or on delayed broadcast and at what time. Also it would be handy for lurkers who were interested in seeing a game or 2 out of interest.

I just checked the Setanta website and I cant see any mention of NAB cup games on this weekend.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I have a question regarding this.

You know the way RTE stream live sports on their website, Soccer, gah etc etc, do any of the Aussie TV Channels do this with footy?

I know RTE can only be used by Irish IPs, but there are ways ;)

Be nice if we could find this out.

How about this?

Instead of a sticky, why not start a thread every week like they do in the soccer forum.

This Weeks Games

Team X -v- Team Y Live on Setanta dd/mm/yy 08:00 AMTeam Y*
    Team B -v- Team Z Team B
    Team Q -v- Team R Team R

Highlights TG4 Sunday @ 19:00

*the team in bold in the poster's prediction as to who will win.

How is that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭hanton12

as far as I'm aware, they dont stream the games, I think there is an issue with rights between the AFL and the TV companies and with bigpond who are the broadband sponsors for afl.com.au.

I dont mind what way its formatted on the schedules des, the only thing is I dont think you would get the same kind of interest in predicting games as you would in the soccer. The soccer forum has thousands frequenting it, whereas this forum will only have a handful really, so it might fizzle out after a while with the predictions.

Either way, it was just a suggestion i thought of, so people with setanta would know what game was on and what time throw in was at. whatever way you want to set it up is fine by me, all governing MOD!

hanton12 wrote: »
    as far as I'm aware, they dont stream the games, I think there is an issue with rights between the AFL and the TV companies and with bigpond who are the broadband sponsors for afl.com.au.
    ffs, media rows are the bane of sport all over the world tbh.
    I dont mind what way its formatted on the schedules des, the only thing is I dont think you would get the same kind of interest in predicting games as you would in the soccer. The soccer forum has thousands frequenting it, whereas this forum will only have a handful really, so it might fizzle out after a while with the predictions.
    Yeah, point taken.
    Either way, it was just a suggestion i thought of, so people with setanta would know what game was on and what time throw in was at.
    Yep, fair enough. If Setanta release a schedule of games they are going to cover, we'll stick it up, no bother.
    whatever way you want to set it up is fine by me, all governing MOD!
    heh, I'm not here to rule with an iron fist, I can't speak for Xavi though :D

We'll try to run the forum the way the regular users want it to be run. :)

yeah the problem with AFL in Australia is that you have channels 7, 9 and 10 looking for coverage of games, not like here with RTE and TV3!:rolleyes: Add to that the foxtel which is like sky sports and you have a really competetive market for showing games to what is a relatively small TV audience in comparable terms (think just over 3 million watched the AFL grand Final and that was the years TV record). afl.com.au stopped showing highlights of games on their websites to foreign IP's so will have to try wriggle around that this season if its not accesable.

Cant see their being much of a problem running the forum anyway, it'll be a lot easier to moderate than the soccer one thats for sure!:D

looking forward now to the start of the season, itching to see a game and see how the Eagles will line up for the first game!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

DesF wrote: »
    heh, I'm not here to rule with an iron fist, I can't speak for Xavi though :D

We'll try to run the forum the way the regular users want it to be run. :)

We'll run it the way the Eagles fans want it run. All pro-Dockers posts will be swiftly edited and the poster perma-banned.

• Advertisement

^^^

that's why I'm here :D:D

I HATE the Eagles.

Incidentally.

Are the games on Setanta Ireland (the free one), or Setanta Sports (the pay one)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭scaramanga

the free one, well they were last year anyway

scaramanga wrote: »
    Sweet as, bro.

you sure? I was nearly certain it was only on the pay one. I remember ordering it in the summer for that reason, even tho I had the free one.:confused: Maybe it has some games, but the pay one definately had games on it live.

• Advertisement

Uh oh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭scaramanga

o maybe the live games are on setanta one , i used watch the delayed ones at 2/3 in the afternoon. forgot bout the time difference:o:o (bit hungover still)

o maybe the live games are on setanta one , i used watch the delayed ones at 2/3 in the afternoon. forgot bout the time difference:o:o (bit hungover still)

ah sure we'll find out soon enough anyway I suppose. I used to watch all the games on setanta one or 2, and I remember the finals were always on setanta 2, but I dont know if they were repeated on the free channel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Brian017

Last year theyre were on Setanta 1 or 2 but never Setanta Ireland IIRC

Looks like it is just on Setanta Sports 1 & 2, and not the free to air Setanta Ireland. Thought that alright.

52054.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭legspin

For those of us that have ethical/personal/financial problems with ppv. TG4 has the highlights package back on 26/3.

Didnt get to a computer yesterday to say it, but Setanta 2 shows the weekends highlights on Monday evenings at 6pm.

TG4's same highlights package will be shown at 11.05pm on Wednesday and 10.20am Saturday morning.

St Kilda and Sydney is being shown again tonight, Tuesday at 8pm, and highlights of the weekend are at 11pm. Hawthorn v Melbourne is on Thursday at 8.30pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭big b

Xavi6 wrote: »
    We'll run it the way the Eagles fans want it run. All pro-Dockers posts will be swiftly edited and the poster perma-banned.

:eek:

DesF wrote: »
    ^^^

I HATE the Eagles.

Fancy a pint, Des? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Brian017

I have been impressed with Setanta this year. Just saw on their website they're showing the ANZAC Day match (something they didn't do last year) with over 2 hours of build-up instead of the usual 10 minutes. They had the Dockers-Cats game down for that morning but it has being changed. Think they realise how big the ANZAC clash is.

Also good to see they're showing some Friday night games this year. Last year, their formula was invariably 2 Saturday and 1 Sunday game. Nice to see some flexiblity in their scheduling.

Wonder if they're planning to show the All-Star game next month, would bloody love to see that.

Advertisement