Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playing wow from Aus on a Euro server

Options
  • 21-02-2008 10:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I've moved to Aus for a year or so and I bought WoW over here but I want to be able to play in Europe as well with my old account. I remember a long time ago someone mentioning it was possible to do so by changing some file in the game directory. Anyone in the know help me out?

Also can I use Aussie/US game cards (I can use paypal if not) for the Euro system?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 mspsycho

I remember reading Blizzard has cracked down on this and I don't think it is possible anymore, I will look into it more for you and ill let you know what I find

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

you change the realmlist.wtf file but unfortunatly im not at home to check to what :( ill have a look later laykey,

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭jabberwock

you can change the 'realmlist.wtf' from 'us.worl.....' to 'eu.wor.....'
    (can't remember the rest but you'll know when you get in there)

This will get you into the euro-servers.

As for the game cards, I doubt you'll be able to use them but afaik you can get euro ones online

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

Got it sorted lads. Although the game card doesn't work alright. Had to use the credit card (which I hate using). Also to note you can actually download the game files from the site so I just basically bought my mate WoW + buring Crusade + 2 month game card. He's happy (bastard).

Thanks for the help y'all.

-Pete

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Weidii

my cousin plays on eu servers from aus...

• Advertisement
Advertisement