Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wishful Thinking on Clays

Options
  • 20-02-2008 11:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,289 ✭✭✭

Hi

Just got my 22 licence.

Of course I want more.

What's a reasonable choice of shotgun for clays, at a reasonable price. By reasonable I mean under a grand, preferably around 600.

Don't want to go hunting and don't know too much about shotguns, but the price differences are scary.

This is a medium term project, so no big hurry. What do you recommend?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

Said it on another thread and ill say it on this one.
    If your looking for a new gun, A Lanber is a great gun for the money, 6-700

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭IDon'tKnow!

Just Like you I am look for a clay gun.

Best thing to do is go to a few dealers and find a gun thats the right fit for you.

You will hit more with a good fitting gun then the cheapest sporter you can find.

What you have to remember when looking at any cheap guns is why is it this price. You don't need to spend your money on a gun that someone else has passed on because its not hitting its targets or because its given trouble.

If your shooting in a club ask the people who hit a lot of birds what they shoot.

If you find a make and model of a gun you like the fit of and its outside your budget wait till you can get the extra cash and keep your eyes open and hope that you find one in your price range.

I shoot a friends Bettinsoli and found it to be a good Clay gun hit alot of targets with it. You should be able to find these at a good price.

For a good clay gun you might find you will need to spend more then you would like to now, but if you get the right gun you won't need to spend that money again for a long time!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

As the man above says.......and I mean the post above this one....not the man.......
    you know what I mean

Get a gun that fits for the discipline you intend to shoot. A trap gun will fit differently than a sporter and will shoot a lot higher. See a coach and get fitted properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Bettinsoli Diamond sporter should chime in around 825 Euro
    and is actually quite nice! I have one on the way.

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Bananaman

Lanber or Miroku have some very nice guns at a good price.

Go to a Range and get "fitted"

B'Man

• Advertisement
Advertisement