Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recording Radio to CD/CDRW

Options
  • 20-02-2008 9:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

Does anyone know of an easy way to record FM radio to CD/CDRW in either WAV or MP3 format? Is there a radio with built in recording which could do this? I am aware there are DAB radios with built in SD card capability, but I'm not sure if they will record FM.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

I have done this several ways.
    one option is to record the stream from the web if the show happened to be (re)broadcast there. RTE for example do this.
    The next option is to record using an amplifier with a CDR connected to a Tape/monitor in/output, and selecting your tuner as the source.
    Another option is to record from a radio with either headphones or line output connected to a computer that can record from a mic/line input. You can then convert the recorded stream to mp3 or to cd as audio.

There are probably numerous other options depending on what hardware you have available to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Geemac

Thanks nereid for the reply.

The web is not an option. The amp with CDR may be an option. What type of CDR would work with this arrangement?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Geemac wrote: »
    Thanks nereid for the reply.

The web is not an option. The amp with CDR may be an option. What type of CDR would work with this arrangement?

I have done this two ways, once using my Pioneer 509 CDR and once using a video recorder.

Depending on the length of the radio show.

The CDR above acts just like a tape player, you press record, and it records from the analog in put. you can configure the levels etc. too then.

Using the video recorder, I just connected the red/white inputs and hit record. then hit play and recorded to 2x cd on the CDR above for the two hour show.

L.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

nereid wrote: »
    Using the video recorder, I just connected the red/white inputs and hit record. then hit play and recorded to 2x cd on the CDR above for the two hour show.

L.

Just something to note about this method. Not all VCRs will record without the presence of sync pulses, i.e. video. Of course there's nothing to stop you recording any old video from a dvd etc. on the composite input with your desired audio connected to the audio input.

ZEN

Advertisement