Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crackling Sound

Options
  • 20-02-2008 8:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

Not sure if this is the right place to post, but any advice would be welcome! for the last week or so there has been a "crackiling" sound coming from the T.V. Its definitly related to the sound some how becuase it goes when sound is put to mute. is it something like a sound card - it the tele banjaxed and need to get a new one? or is it something easily fixed like a loose connection?

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Is your incoming signals good? NICAM has a habit of cracking if incoming signal is weak, only rectified by switching TV to Mono (or resolving poor signal problem).

Does this problem occur when watching via Scart (eg. settop box, DVD)?

If the crackling is there regardless of what's on, I'd say it's a component fault from within the TV. There is not going to be a sound card that can just be slotted in or out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 theprizelamb

should of mentioned that the sound only goes when its on RTE 2 - never thought about playing around with the cound settings, will give that a go!

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Also worth checking the audio system being used for RTE2.

Try manual tune of RTE 2, and see if an option in the menu like "System" or similar, where there would be options like B/G, DK, I, etc. It must be set to I for here.

Advertisement