Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

armed attack on family of five

Options
  • 20-02-2008 7:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭

Today i was looking at the nationalist online and i got such a shock to see what happened in carlow last week. Most arguably the most shocking story of the year was put on the nationalist this week as they reported of a horrific attack on a family in their own home. I could not believe what i was reading. On mnday morning a family from fruithill carlow had their house broken into when they were all there asleep and experienced one of the worst robberies/abuse cases i have ever read about in my local news. The older male inhabitants of the house and the adjoining caravans were beaten to within inches of their lives by an armed group of five men who seem to be very experienced and equiped at what they were doing. The perpetrators of this crime were so well organised that they cut off the phone lines and esb for the attack. The sole motive of the attack was to gain money so it is believed. The robbers are extremely dangerous people as they even went to the lengths to strike one of the victims with a screwdriver which they stuck in his head. This attack as described in the nationalist was just disgusting. The thieves are so intent on getting what they came for that they even threatened to rape a young girl in front of her family for gain.

The article in the nationalist is available here

I am shocked by this.Lost for words is an understatement. What sort of people do such a thing?My sincere best wishes go out to all the victims involved especially the two men in serious condition in hospital.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,749 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Without going into any detail this was a family feud and related to an incident a few years back...nasty stuff gotta say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

limerick springs to my mind reading about that horrific incident

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 raven33

stick-dan --> hi, im a foreigner, living 2yr in carlow now. i've heard of what has happened 2 weeks ago. thats horrible. at the same day raiders also robbed some graige shop, putting 20cm knives to salesmens throats. last but not least, my girlfriend has been assaulted recently by some junkie who put her knife to a throat, and stolen her bag. it was 6pm by aib bank on tullow st. :O

after situation You mentioned above, on saturday, two polish guys have been killed by a gang of youths with a screwdriver (Dublin). on sunday irish guy (with vietnamese origin) defended his own family from 2 raiders, who meant to rob his house.

those situations are shocking. there's no single week not to read about some rape/murder/cut. You may ask that I don't know much of Ireland, but I can tell that 2 years ago it was a looooot different. what has changed though? is this all drugs-related thing?

regards.

Advertisement