Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online radio streams?

Options
  • 20-02-2008 12:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭

Can we follow them in Ireland from sites like triple m during games?

I know I can listen to them during the week but never checked games. Easier than following the score updates on realfooty.

Do triple M still have the rights?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

An excellent question.

Xavi? Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

DesF wrote: »
    An excellent question.

Xavi? Any ideas?

Honestly? No. I haven't a breeze. I will, however, go do some digging.

Are the games on Seven, Nine or Ten?

With the way the media is over there, I'd reckon that each of these media outlets has a "sister" on the radio airwaves.

Fox would be a different story, but I wouldn't be surprised if Rupert has his hand in that pie too.

What about some of the MW/AM or LW stations?

This could be brilliant for me, I have one of the Logitek Internet Radios that pick up any station from around the world.

Listening to AFL in my bedroom ftw :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭hanton12

I was listening to games on afl.com.au last season anyway. One morning I had the laptop in the bedroom and I was listening to an Eagles game, and it was really awkward as it was getting close and I always find it hard listening to sports games. Then, like a fcuking pleb, I checked Setanta and the bloody game was on live! So saw the last 1/4.

Anyway, as i said, afl.com.au should have a radio link when the games are on, as far as I can remember, they had a couple of radio links, and they have a updated diagram pitch thingy as well so you can see where the ball is and who is in possesion etc.

hanton12 wrote: »
    I was listening to games on afl.com.au last season anyway. One morning I had the laptop in the bedroom and I was listening to an Eagles game, and it was really awkward as it was getting close and I always find it hard listening to sports games. Then, like a fcuking pleb, I checked Setanta and the bloody game was on live! So saw the last 1/4.

Anyway, as i said, afl.com.au should have a radio link when the games are on, as far as I can remember, they had a couple of radio links, and they have a updated diagram pitch thingy as well so you can see where the ball is and who is in possesion etc.

OK great stuff, thanks for that. :)

• Advertisement

The way it works is that every state has it's own sub-channel i.e. WA's channel ten programming is two hours behind but they have their own news, presenters etc so news and that is still live.

However, this means that we get all the east coast games two hours after they happen. Any Eagles/Dockers games must be aired live in WA though, no matter the kick off time.

Both channel ten and seven cover games live, the Grand Final alternates each year. Fox also show live games so if a team from your state isn't involved you might not get to see the game live. This usually happens on a Saturday afternoon.

AFAIK afl.com.au should do some good coverage too.

Hope that all makes some sense.

P.S. I might make a sticky for all good links so post any you have here and we can make a thread for them.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    The way it works is that every state has it's own sub-channel i.e. WA's channel ten programming is two hours behind but they have their own news, presenters etc so news and that is still live.
    Yeah, it must be poxy that you can't enter the Late Night Game Show :D:D
    However, this means that we get all the east coast games two hours after they happen. Any Eagles/Dockers games must be aired live in WA though, no matter the kick off time.
    That is so silly imo. But what the hell do I know.
    P.S. I might make a sticky for all good links so post any you have here and we can make a thread for them.
    +1 :)

has this changed recently? In 2005 it wasnt that way, I remember we were in our local bar watching the dockers against Essendon I think, and a couple of women came in wearing bombers scarves who had been at subi, and one of the lads asked how did the game go, and she just cut him a stare! Essendon had lost in the last couple of minutes after being ahead most of the game. But it was still in the early stages of the game on TV. I had thought they had it that way so it would make people be more inclined to attend the game rather than watch it on TV. happens in America like that for the football, it doesnt get shown on local TV until the game is declared a sell out. But I know the Eagles have no trouble selling out these days.

hanton12 wrote: »
    has this changed recently? In 2005 it wasnt that way, I remember we were in our local bar watching the dockers against Essendon I think, and a couple of women came in wearing bombers scarves who had been at subi, and one of the lads asked how did the game go, and she just cut him a stare! Essendon had lost in the last couple of minutes after being ahead most of the game. But it was still in the early stages of the game on TV. I had thought they had it that way so it would make people be more inclined to attend the game rather than watch it on TV. happens in America like that for the football, it doesnt get shown on local TV until the game is declared a sell out. But I know the Eagles have no trouble selling out these days.

It depends on the time of the day the game starts really. If it's a 7.40pm or so start over east that's only 5.40pm here in Perth. People aren't home from work so it's not a prime time slot. They want the maximum amount of viewers.

Plus it'd clash with Home & Away and Neighbours.......

It depends on the time of the day the game starts really. If it's a 7.40pm or so start over east that's only 5.40pm here in Perth. People aren't home from work so it's not a prime time slot. They want the maximum amount of viewers.

Plus it'd clash with Home & Away and Neighbours.......

aye, cant leave those out alright!:rolleyes:

no, the game I was talking about was on in Subiaco, not sure of starting time, but we were down in the pub on Friday evening and it was on delayed coverage there, but was already finished. The eastern games alright make sense to have a time delay, not point as you say starting a game at half 5 in afternoon when people arent home or settled in for a night of footy. I just thought they still had the time delay even though the game was on in WA.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭tonton zola

It's a pain. When I was in Sydney, almost all Friday night games clashed with NRL games, which always got the slot. Can't remember what they did for Swans games.

Same with The Footy Show, NRL was at prime time and AFL sometime around 11.30. It was vice-versa in Mel.

If you're making a sticky, i suggest realfooty.com.au

It's a pain. When I was in Sydney, almost all Friday night games clashed with NRL games, which always got the slot. Can't remember what they did for Swans games.

Same with The Footy Show, NRL was at prime time and AFL sometime around 11.30. It was vice-versa in Mel.

If you're making a sticky, i suggest realfooty.com.au

yeah, the footy show is AFL in Wa so its ok there. Pity setanta dont do the AFL one (as far as I know they dont, I know they do the NRL one tho).

Xavi made a new sticky for links on the forum too. If you have any others throw them up, think I put in realfooty

Advertisement