Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baseball on TV

Options
  • 19-02-2008 11:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Spent the summer in USA and became a fanatic of the sport. Now that the new season is among us id love to know of any station showing quality coverage of the League.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Ah Budlight, a very underrated drink imo. Loved it when I was in the States.

Setanta/NASN did the coverage when I was back home but that was over a year ago so don't know who if that's still the same. It was great being able to watch the World Series live, even if the White Sox did win it one of the years!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

Its on Setanta in the form of NASN (North American Sports Network), a subscription service.

http://www.nasn.com/content/nasn/portal.nsf?open&region=ie

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Kinda32

Subscribtion to Setanta through Sky is about €20 per month. NASN show about 10 live games a week.

If you have a Laptop that is of pretty good speed, you could purchase a season ticket from MLB.com, i think the lower priced one is about 60/70 euro and this entitles you to watch any game live all season (for all teams)..

I have both as its great to watch a game on the TV but having the mlb.com sub means i can watch a few inns of the red sox games most nights. Works out to be great value imo..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,252 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

I have both as well. NASN coverage is a wee bit too random, i.e. a lot of games you don't care about, at least with MLB TV you can follow your favourite team. However, MLB TV suffered reliability issues last year.

The great thing about NASN is that you get 'Around The Horn' and College Football as well :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭chicoben

Yeah NASN is class during the baseball season, plus you can go to their website and check out what games are coming up. Around the horn and baseball tonight are also great to watch.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭BigDragon

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    I have both as well. NASN coverage is a wee bit too random, i.e. a lot of games you don't care about, at least with MLB TV you can follow your favourite team. However, MLB TV suffered reliability issues last year.

The great thing about NASN is that you get 'Around The Horn' and College Football as well :).
    Yep....but, God, I hate hockey.

With ESPN owning it I was hoping that Sportscentre or some such daily news prog would become part of the stations line up. No sign yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,252 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

BigDragon wrote: »
    Yep....but, God, I hate hockey.

Yep. No interest in hockey. Try to avoid College Basketball if only to limit gambling losses and save my engagement!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Budlight

Seeing as half the student population of Ireland were in San Diego I presume there is a market for a Padres fan club?? any takers

**Cough**Padres suck!**Cough**

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Grantie

For anyone who had mlb.tv last year,

Do the blackout restrictions on MLB.tv affect any games or teams while watching here in Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Kinda32

Grantie wrote: »
    For anyone who had mlb.tv last year,

Do the blackout restrictions on MLB.tv affect any games or teams while watching here in Ireland.

There is no blackout in Ireland for any games (including play-offs) so all games are available for you to watch..

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Grantie

brilliant, thanks for that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭Waitsian

BigDragon wrote: »
    Yep....but, God, I hate hockey.With ESPN owning it I was hoping that Sportscentre or some such daily news prog would become part of the stations line up. No sign yet.

Yeah? Well some of us like hockey, fella :rolleyes: It is called North American Sports Network after all :)

Theres 3 good games over the next few days on NASN! yanks 2moro, REDSOX on thursday and the Indians on friday. Woo!

Advertisement