Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swimming Lessons around Dublin 9

Options
  • 19-02-2008 8:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭

Hi all,

Due to the closure of St. Paul's swimming pool awhile back, there is a lack of swimming pools which are pay as you go (all others require membership of a gym which I don't want to do as the pool is the only facility I want :D!)

I'm from Dublin 9...so if there is anywhere local enough on the Northside please let me know

Cheers x

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Patrickisperfec

Hi all,

Due to the closure of St. Paul's swimming pool awhile back, there is a lack of swimming pools which are pay as you go (all others require membership of a gym which I don't want to do as the pool is the only facility I want :D!)

I'm from Dublin 9...so if there is anywhere local enough on the Northside please let me know

Cheers x

St.Vincents in Harte's Corner, and the corporation pool in finglas and there is also a pool in Donemehde

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭rokossovsky

Belvedere college pool has sessions run by Tony Morrris. Opens each morning at 6:30 sessions run up to 8:30 so you can fit a session in before work. Also open sessions (just pay as you go) on Saturdays at 12 and Sunday mornings at 10. Great work out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 sonnet

Hi all,

Cheers x
    Is that St. Pauls in Raheny thats closed?

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭knoxor

Patrickisperfec

Where is the swimming pool at St Vincents Harte's Corner ?
    What street is it on or what is it near ?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭muggyog

St Vincents is on the Navan road, is it not?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭rokossovsky

knoxor wrote: »
    Patrickisperfec

Where is the swimming pool at St Vincents Harte's Corner ?
    What street is it on or what is it near ?

thanks

Take the number 19 or 19A bus and get out at Harts corner. Keep left and walk toward the funeral monument yard and towards the traffic lights. On your left is St Vincents School through a large entrance at the end of a small road. Go through the gate and walk around to the pool entrance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 yeneewss

Alsaa is great. The fee for a swim is minimal but it's best to keep an eye on the times you can swim. You can have a quiet swim, a swim with kids etc. or a lane swim with other people who swim for the sport of it.

The NAC is great too but very expensive, per swim.

S.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Money Shot

yeneewss wrote: »
    Alsaa is great. The fee for a swim is minimal but it's best to keep an eye on the times you can swim. You can have a quiet swim, a swim with kids etc. or a lane swim with other people who swim for the sport of it.

The NAC is great too but very expensive, per swim.

S.

NAC is a fantastic amenity, but it is really expensive for a swim - 14 euro a pop. However, they do have a special at the moment, where it's 8 euro to swim between 8 and 9.30. Still dear in my opinion, but it is worth it every so often to get into a proper pool.

Advertisement