Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Getting rid of old Bangers....

Options
  • 19-02-2008 1:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I've got a '98 Renault Megane that I'm trying to get rid of, I've been told the head gasket is gone so it's pretty much dead, hasn't been started for about 6 months so I dunno if it will even drive.

Anyone want it, in Bray if your interested in coming to get it....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭domania

You can scrap that car for free at an approved dismantlers. You bring your car or they can collect it. Then hand over your vehicle registration certs. they will then issue you with a Cert of destruction

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

some of them charge you to take it off your hands.,lol, its ridiculous when you think of the amount of money they make from the parts.,.
    put an add on adverts for 50 quid and i'll bet you someone will take it.,

• Registered Users Posts: 12,672 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

A friend had the same car with the same problem. He stuck it in the buy & sell for about €300 I think.

You wouldn't believe the amount of calls he had. Within 24 hours he had cash in hand for close to the asking price and a mechanic with the car on the back of a trailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

My friend was charged 50 euro to take his 88 corolla.

to pay someone for taking something of value off your hands just seems bizarre.

Good ould Ireland eh??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Grinderman

BIZARRE, sounds Effin Stupid if you ask me
    Apparently a lot of people are taking them to the islands and not bringing them back.
    I care about the environment but i would burn it before i would pay for someone to take something of value from me
    garry
    My friend was charged 50 euro to take his 88 corolla.

to pay someone for taking something of value off your hands just seems bizarre.

Good ould Ireland eh??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭Omcd

Would a proper scrap metal dealer give you something for it ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

If it's in an alright condition you can easily get 100-300 for it so why don't you try that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭domania

They are no longer allowed to charge for the disposal of End of Life Vehicles. It's the same as the Electronic recycling crap. They are supposed to take them for free so ring them first to make sure that is the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭waxon-waxoff

Hammond lane in Ringsend or National Recycling in Clondalkin will take it for free but you have to deliver it there first:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 MotorBB

Hi, BeckyC im in the Bray area and could do with a doner car for my renault if you still have it??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

You're 2 years late :D

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

MotorBB wrote: »
    Hi, BeckyC im in the Bray area and could do with a doner car for my renault if you still have it??

Thread closed, please don't drag up old posts.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement