Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Symtoms of wisdom teeth

Options
  • 19-02-2008 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭

I am just wondering what were your symtoms of you getting your wisdom teeth? Tense gums? Swolen cheek? Headache?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Severe pain. When mine came down I couldnt chew anything with the pain from the back of the jaw. Other than that I had no other symptoms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 meremortal

Yeah swollen gums, painful at the very back, kind of a jaw ache. My gums got infected at the back too..... I've been told I need mine out, it isnt common anymore to get them out though, only iftheyre causing on going problems. Most people go through a few months of discomfort on and off and then it goes away.

Best bet is go to your dentist, they can do an X-ray and if it looks like theres not enough room for them to come up he/she may look at taking them out. They can cause problems with the other teeth if theres not enough room, if youve had braces as a kid this could be a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Claasman

c - 13 wrote: »
    Severe pain. When mine came down I couldnt chew anything with the pain from the back of the jaw. Other than that I had no other symptoms.

Was it a pain in your gums?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 meremortal

The pain would be in your gums yes, but only around the back of your mouth

Advertisement