Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Illegal roadside dumping

Options
  • 18-02-2008 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if there is a litter warden for the County or is it just for Carlow town?

There is some F*ckers dumping black sacks, carpet, fertilizer bags in field entrances and on Grass verges on some of the byroads around Tullow, Killerig, Rathvilly and Castledermot. :mad:

I dont think it is just specific to these areas..

Anyone know who I can contact?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,749 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Its happening in Bennekerry alot too...not nice

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Not sure, but the local authorities will surely answer that question for you. It happens everywhere, I nearly drove into a washing machine that was dumped....on the road near my house.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭patrickc

What does the Council do about illegal dumping ?
    The Council is very active in removing illegal dumping but we rely on the public's cooperation in order to achieve this. The Council will investigate all reported incidents of dumping and will organise the removal of illegally dumped materials. You can contact the freephone litter hotline at 1800 243 143.

taken from the carlow local authority website

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

patrickc wrote: »
    What does the Council do about illegal dumping ?
    The Council is very active in removing illegal dumping but we rely on the public's cooperation in order to achieve this. The Council will investigate all reported incidents of dumping and will organise the removal of illegally dumped materials. You can contact the freephone litter hotline at 1800 243 143.

taken from the carlow local authority website

PATRICkC is right the council are indeed very active more active than they have ever been. Ever been to the likes of small towns like leighlinbridge and bagenalstown early in the morning around 8am or shortly after the council men are our cleaning up the rubbish on the street that the public throw there. They deserve great respect for the efforts that they are making in such towns.

The litter problem although is extremely bad. I remember seeing a couch through on the side of the hacketstown road to carlow once. This is littering of utter disregard. There are places though a lot worst than others. Some communities get together and try to get a scheme going to clean up their neghbourhoods and i'd like to see more of this happening. I live in waterford during the week and the estate i live in there was a big clean up of all the litter in the estate done by all the students and permanent residents in the estate before christmas. More schemes of this sort should be introduced they might get the youth involved also.For every person that does get involved it is one person less likely to throw litter around the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

Don't know if it will help but you should get in contact with the local green representative mary white, she is very helpful are quite involved with these sort of occurences. you can find here http://www.carlowkilkennygreens.com/contact.htm

• Advertisement
Advertisement