Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

considering a new landcruiser LWB COMM before July.

Options
  • 18-02-2008 1:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭

howya does anyone know how to tell the difference between the new updated toyota landcruiser commercial and the other older ones,

what does the updated 2008 model have? whats different?

will road tax change also?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 jamesag

smoother engine is what i heard??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

whatever you do, haggle hard. Jeep sales are plummeting, and will hit the floor woth the price of fuel and vrt bs soon.
    get yourself a good deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

I don't recall commercial VRT being changed in the Finance Bill, so should be €50 as per usual, unchaged. You won't get a great discount as buyers for these things outnumber supply.

You'll always get discount................

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

ninty9er is correct. The new VRT & motor tax system is for private vehicles only doesn't affect commercials. VRT is €50 and road tax is calculated on the unladen weight of the vehicle.

• Advertisement

The price of Diesel lads..........and the amount of stock dealers are sitting on due to the VRT cloud and confusion in peoples minds -
    A sale is a sale - as a unit sale is a sale regardless of it being a commercial or private vehicle - haggle to get the best deal as they deals are out there to be done. Look at the bigger picture in the automotive industry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭maims3875

You'll always get discount................
    I agree , you will always get a discount, Toyota market share / sales have dropped recently and they will want to reverse the trend.

fecking hell - 4x4 sales will decline from here on in rapidly - I'm thinking of moving mine on now as diesel hit €1.42 today where i was.
    Guzzlers like my 4x4 are going DOWN!

• Registered Users Posts: 73,410 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The 2008 Land Cruiser updates are:
    Darkened grille
    Darkened alloys
    Darkened headlights
    Darkened front fogs
    Remote audio controls
    6 disc in-dash cd changer
    premuim audio with subwoofer and extra door speakers

No mechanical updates.

Advertisement