Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

spaces in an array

Options
  • 18-02-2008 1:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

I'm trying to fill an element in an array with a specific amount of spaces, eg 40, but the array is triming it down to one space. How do I stop it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭sinkingfish

oh it's php btw

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Any code?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭joe_chicken

I'm trying to fill an element in an array with a specific amount of spaces, eg 40, but the array is triming it down to one space. How do I stop it?

Don't know much about PHP, but by the way you've explained it, you are trying to put an array of characters (i.e. a string of spaces) into one element of an array of characters.

By the sounds of it, you'd need an array of arrays (or strings) so that each element in the bigger array can hold more than one character.

Advertisement