Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

garmin 310t maps

Options
  • 17-02-2008 8:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭

Guys

Help please, I have a garmin 310t which i got recently, but it seems that the maps are not up to date. Recently in Charlesland in Greystones and it showed me driving across fields even though a friend of mine has stated that the estate is displayed on his.
    I have looked at the garmin site and requested new maps but is their an easier/quicker way of getting the updates.

I am also a mac user if that makes any difference

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭zoro

I got one at the start of the year, and its actually pretty shoddy for the MAIN side streets in dublin too. It wanted me to go the wrong way down one way streets that have been one way for at least 2 years now, maybe more.

Not to mention the shoddy support for phones (my Nokia e65 is just barely supported ...)

:( Shame, cause its actually a very useful piece of kit. If only the maps were up to date :(

• Registered Users Posts: 25,334 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

The latest maps are in version 10 which Garmin is calling '2008', you need to enquire on their web site and if you have not already registered your unit, register it now and say that you purchased it in Jan 2008, they will then give you an upgrade for free.

The upgrade mechanism is that they ship you a 2008 DVD for free, you can then install it on the unit but you then need to unlock the maps and this is where they get the money or give you the free upgrade, either you purchase an unlock code or you use the unlock code you got for free off the web site.

The previous version is V9 which was sending me the wrong way up one-way streets last week

Get your serial number and start here:

http://www8.garmin.com/unlock/update.jsp

• Registered Users Posts: 19,496 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Charlesland only appeared in detail in CN2008.
    map_18612225_0_1_7191C94AAFF93052_26_260_258_600_450_-2_0_1.png

See coylemj's post on upgrading. Bear in mind it could cost you up to $130 for the upgrade, so decide if you really need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,334 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

If it's going to cost you money to upgrade then you'd be well advised to use the Map Viewer and find out if the area you're interested in is covered. Go to the Garmin web site and use the Map Viewer, it's in the top right on this page, zoom into the area you're interested in and see what it looks like...

http://www8.garmin.com/cartography/mapSource/citynavntEurope.jsp

Advertisement